12th September 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc in Counselling Psychology eligible to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university provide it?

I have already finished M.Sc in Counselling Psychology and now I am doing counselling and Psycho education classes for parents, teachers, children and youth. I am willing to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology. Am I eligible for M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university provide it?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  2. Can a M.Sc in Counselling Psychology do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university will allow me?
  3. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  4. Eligibility to apply in IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018?
  5. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  6. Application procedure of M.Phil in Psychology? University providing this course?
  7. Exemptions available in IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam for SC candidate? -- [New]
  8. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  9. Study materials to prepare for IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018?
  10. What is the syllabus of IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018?
  11. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  12. Sample question papers of IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018
  13. What is the eligibility to pursue MSc in Clinical Psychology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Coaching classes to prepare for IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam in Delhi?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?
  16. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Psychology in Clinical from Christ University?
  17. Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?
  18. What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%
15th September 2017, 10:28 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Sc in Counselling Psychology eligible to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university provide it?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue M.Phil in Clinical Psychology course. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course.

>> You must have done M.A or M.Sc in Psychology course with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

>> You must have pursued Post Graduation with Psychology as a special paper in order to be eligible.

>> There are many colleges that are offering this course. They are,

* Kuvempu University
* Amity University
* Osmania University
* Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences
* Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences
* Sri Ramachandra University
* National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Karnataka
* Mewar University..etc.,
15th September 2017, 07:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Sc in Counselling Psychology eligible to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university provide it?

List of colleges offering M Phil in clinical psychology in India:

Amity Institute of behavioural health and applied science, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.

Amity Institute Jaipur, Rajasthan

Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh

Gujarat forensic Sciences University, Gujarat

Institute of Human behaviour and allied Sciences, Delhi

Institute of Mental Health and Hospital

JSS Medical College and Hospital, Karnataka

Applicants must have passed in MSC degree in psychology from a University recognised by the UGC with at least 55% marks in aggregate, preferably with special paper in clinical psychology. For SC / St / OBC category, at least 50% marks in aggregate is essential, as per GOI.
15th September 2017, 07:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The M Phil courses in clinical psychology is of 2 year duration and the eligibility criteria for the same is that the applicant must have passed the am a / MSc in psychology or equivalent with minimum of 55% marks as an aggregate. The applicants who want to take admission in this course also need to clear one of the following entrance tests:

Amity Institute of psychology and allied Sciences

Institute of Human behaviour and allied Sciences

National Institute of Mental Health and neuro Sciences entrance exam

Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Clinical Psychology entrance exam

Delhi University entrance exam.

List of some of best M Phil colleges in India:

Amity Institute of behavioural health and Applied Sciences, Uttar Pradesh

Amity University Jaipur, Rajasthan

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh

Gujarat forensic science University, Gujarat
15th September 2017, 09:05 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, a candidate who have completed M.Sc in Counselling Psychology with at least 55% marks from any UGC recognized university, is eligible to do M.Phil in the relevant field.
Below I have listed some names of universities/colleges which offer M.Phil in Clinical Psychology:
>Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Address: V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
Phone: 022 2552 5000
>Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences
Address: G.T.B, Hospital Road, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi, Delhi 110095
Phone: 011 2211 4032
>Andhra University
Address: Waltair Junction, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003
Phone: 089128 44000
>Gujarat Forensic Sciences University
Address: Nr. DFS Head Quarters, National Highway 8C, Sector 9, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382007
Phone: 079 2397 7100
>Mewar University
Address: NH - 79 Gangrar, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan 312901
Phone: 01471 291 151
15th September 2017, 09:07 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, a candidate who have completed M.Sc in Counselling Psychology with at least 55% marks from any UGC recognized university, is eligible to do M.Phil in the relevant field.
Below I have listed some names of universities/colleges which offer M.Phil in Clinical Psychology:
>Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Address: V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
Phone: 022 2552 5000
>Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences
Address: G.T.B, Hospital Road, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi, Delhi 110095
Phone: 011 2211 4032
>Andhra University
>Gujarat Forensic Sciences University
Address: Nr. DFS Head Quarters, National Highway 8C, Sector 9, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382007
>Mewar University
Address: NH - 79 Gangrar, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan 312901
Phone: 01471 291 151
16th September 2017, 12:44 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology after the completion of M.Sc in Counselling Psychology, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Psychology from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Clinical Psychology.

List of Universities providing Ph.D in Clinical Psychology:-

Andhra University

Gujarat Forensic Science

Institute of Mental Health and Hospital
Address: Mathura Road, Billochpura, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002
Phone: 0562 296 7811

JSS Medical College and Hospital
Address: Opposite J.S.S.Pharmacy College, Mysore-Bangalore Rd, Bannimantap, Mysuru, Karnataka 570015
Phone: 0821 254 8338

Kuvempu University
Address: Jnanasahyadri, Shankaraghatta, Road leading to Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka 577451
Phone: 082822 56301

Amity University Jaipur
Address: Kant, Rajasthan 303002
Phone: 0141 237 2489
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?