11th October 2021, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Is Msc medical physiology eligible for PhD jrf

I am a Msc medical physiologist , I want to do PhD, so I planning to attempt jrf
Am I eligible?
And is PhD is there in jrf ?

12th October 2021, 10:53 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is Msc medical physiology eligible for PhD jrf

For PhD, in any stream, you just have to have a master's degree.

It means, all you need is to be a post graduate to take admission for PhD.

With the qualification you have mentioned, you are completely eligible.
12th October 2021, 03:49 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Yes, Candidates who have completed post graduation degree are eligible for PhD jrf.
13th October 2021, 11:55 PM
periwinkle09876

YES, you are eligible for PHD jrf after completing Master's in medical physiology.

Those candidates who have completed master's degree from a recognised University are eligible for PhD JRF.
General and OBC Candidate should hold 55% and above marks in master's degree and for SC and ST students it should be at least 50% and above

Your age should be below 28 years however, relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students.
14th October 2021, 01:24 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member++

Eligibility criteria for PhD jrf :-

Educational Qualification:- Candidates are required to pass BTech/BPharm/MSc/Integrated BS-MS/MSc/MBBS securing 55% aggregate for General/OBC Category, in case of reserved categories such as SC/ST/PwD they need 50% only.
Age Limit:- The age limit for JRF is 28 years while in case of assistant professor there is no upper age limit.
14th October 2021, 04:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

PhD and jrf are two separate terms. Difference between PhD and jrf is that the former is a degree conferred on students on completion of their research thesis or dissertation. Latter is a fellowship grant to students to encourage them to pursue Advanced studies and Research leading ultimately to M.Phil or PhD.

A doctor of philosophy h a PhD is the highest degree that is conferred by a University in any academic discipline.

on the other hand a junior research fellowship for jrf is a form of fellowship that is extended by the universities/ colleges/ institutions under the flagship scheme of the University grants commission to the students who qualify the national eligibility test and the council of scientific and industrial Research.

> Eligibility for PHD:-
To pursue a PhD degree, one must have a master's degree or an M.Phil degree.

> Elegibility for jrf:-
To avail JRF, one must have qualified the UGC NET and UGC CSIR joint exam.
Time period of this course is minimum of two years and a maximum of 5 years.

it is a requirement for undertaking advanced Research and studies leading ultimately to M.Phil or PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?