29th September 2022, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

A primary school teacher can do PhD?

I am a primary school teacher.Now I have qualified WBSET exam.I have no MPhil degree.Can I do PhD (part time or full time)?If it is possible how can I get my NOC(No objection certificate)?

30th September 2022, 12:29 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A primary school teacher can do PhD?

Candidates who have done post graduate degree with minimum aggregate 55%marks from a recognized university.

Duration of this course is 3 years.

The entrance exam called UGC-NET.
30th September 2022, 08:59 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Admission in a Phd program is based on the performance in the NET/SLET/JRF or any other entrance exam which is mostly conducted by the University. There are many Universities in India which offer part Phd for students who are willing to study while doing job.

Those who have M.phil qualification in a relevant field from a recognised University are also eligible for PhD admission without appearing from any other entrance exam. Candidate with at least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field can also apply for admission without appearing for any entrance exam.
30th September 2022, 12:22 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For being eligible for PhD programme, it's important for a candidate to have completed postgraduation in relevant subject or equivalent with atleast 55% marks from a recognised board.

Admission to PhD programme is granted on the basis of marks obtained in entrance exam and interview.

Those who appeared for NET/SET/M.phi/UGC NET/CSIR UGC NET
are exempted from entrance exam and they directly appear for interview.

Thus if have Masters degree with 55% marks then you can apply for PhD.
30th September 2022, 01:38 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You can study PhD being a government teacher in primary school by choosing a part time PhD.
In case you want to join a full time PhD either you can a sabbatical or study leave from your organization because it would not be possible for anyone to pursue two full time things together such as job and study.
You can go for a part time PhD, there would be no issue and by doing this you can complete your study and can continue your job as well.
30th September 2022, 03:34 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a primary school teacher can do PhD after fulfilling the educational requirement to study PhD. The minimum educational qualification required to study PhD is a candidate must have passed a master's degree from a recognized university. Admission is done on the basis of performance on the entrance test. You can enroll yourself for the part-time PhD education or can also do it through distance mode.
30th September 2022, 04:23 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Candidates must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

The duration of this course is 3 years.

Candidates also have to appear in the entrance exam called UGC-NET.
30th September 2022, 05:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PHD to be a school teacher. Most universities are fine with having PhD students working as instructors/lecturer/teaching assistant at the same time, and it's actually quite common.
30th September 2022, 05:39 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. It is possible to do a Ph.D. course while doing a school teaching job.
You can pursue a Ph.D. degree while you are doing a school teaching job. Most academic institutions allow Ph.D. candidates simultaneously hold positions as lecturers, teachers, or teaching assistants.
30th September 2022, 06:03 PM
Msdhoni02

1. You must have completed a graduation, post graduation course from any university.

2. You should have passed both with a minimum of 55% marks.

3. There is no age limit to pursue this course.

4. Candidates who have cleared entrance exams like UGC NET, GATE, JEST and the likes are usually offered fellowships while pursuing a PhD course.
2nd October 2022, 08:21 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

Those candidates who have completed their masters degree from a recognized university with minimum 55%marks.

Entrance exam called UGC-NET.

Duration of this course is 3 years.
3rd October 2022, 11:57 AM
Sumankr545

For getting in PhD, you have the following qualifications as a candidate

1. You must have a master's degree with at least 55%.
2. If you are qualified for UGC-NET/CSIR NET, that will be an advantage.

Universities in India can take PhD students through entrance tests and interviews. Those students who have not qualified NET exams have to go through the entrance test, as well as interviews, and those students who have qualified NET examinations, are got exempted from the entrance test, they can directly attempt the interviews

Now in the latest education policy. The graduate candidate can also do the PhD. The candidate must have to score more than 75% in their graduation.

Note: Before applying to any organisation's PhD programme, please go through their prospectus.

Here is a brief about your profession; whether you are a primary teacher or working in a private organization in any post, that has nothing to do with a PhD. If you are government-employed, then you have to take NOC, from your department.

I am attaching the screen shorts of UGC regulations regarding PhD admission:
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?