9th February 2021, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to secure PhD(Statistics) admission in University of Hyderabad

Dear Sir, I have completed my MSc in Statistics and I want to do a PhD now. I came to know that University of Hyderabad is offering a PhD in Statistics course. Can I know about the requirements for securing admission?

11th February 2021, 11:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to secure PhD(Statistics) admission in University of Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I have completed my MSc in Statistics and I want to do a PhD now. I came to know that University of Hyderabad is offering a PhD in Statistics course. Can I know about the requirements for securing admission?
Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% from a recognized University are eligible for PhD program.

Entrance exam to study PhD(Statistics) is UGC NET JRF exam.

There are no age criteria.
12th February 2021, 01:01 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Requirements to secure PhD(Statistics) admission in University of Hyderabad

Requirements to secure PhD(Statistics) admission in University of Hyderabad is as follows.

Applicant must have completed master degree in relevant subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% from recognized university to get admission.

Applicant can also get admission through UGC NET or equivalent exam.

Applicant can be selected through entrance exam conducted by university followed by interview.
12th February 2021, 10:30 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The admission requirements to study a PhD in Statistics at University of Hyderabad is a candidate must have passed Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate for General category and for SC/ST candidates it is 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Admission selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in the written test followed by an interview which is conducted by the university.

Interested candidate can apply online through university website www.uohyd.ac.in by clicking on the Apply Online option. Fill the application form with all the required details and upload the scanned copy of all the relevant documents. Pay the application fee online and submit the form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?