28th January 2019, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD(Bengali) in NSOU?

Hi friends, I have completed my MA in Bengali from Calcutta University. I want to do PhD in Bengali from NSOU. So, I have to appear in any kind of entrance exam for doing PhD in NSOU with this specialization?

8th February 2019, 11:18 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD(Bengali) in NSOU?

In order to enrolled in PhD(Bengali) in NSOU, you have to appear in the University Research Entrance Test (RET). Candidates are selected based on score obtained in the RET and performance in the personal interview/viva voce. Candidates who have a master's degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to study PhD(Bengali) in NSOU. Candidates who have qualified UGC (JRF) / NET/ SET/ SELT or have M. Phil degree are exempted from entrance test. Such candidate can directly appear for interview.

Last edited by ppsahu; 10th February 2019 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Remove *
8th February 2019, 11:20 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD(Bengali) in NSOU?

In order to enrolled in PhD(Bengali) in NSOU, you have to appear in the University Research Entrance Test*(RET). Candidates are selected based on score obtained in the RET and performance in the personal interview. Candidates must have a master's degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates) from any recognized university to be eligible to study PhD(Bengali) in NSOU. Candidates who have qualified UGC (JRF) / NET/ SET/ SELT or have a M.Phil degree are exempted from entrance test. Such candidate can directly appear for interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?