2nd March 2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

What should I do if discontinued PhD after completed M.Sc(Agriculture) and interested in Oil and Petroleum?

Sir/Madam,
I have completed my M.Sc(Agriculture) Soil Science with Research specialization in Microbiology. My CGPA is 8.4. Immediately after that I took admission in PhD in Assam Agriculture University but in due course of time I realize that I am not satisfied. What I want to do is not that I am doing, so I left PhD. I am very much interested in Oil and Petroleum or other allied sector. But according to my information Coal India hardly recruits Microbiologist. Now I am in dilemma what to do and as you know in northeast there are little scope and I want to do something out here. Please do help me to sort out my problem. I will be very thankful to you.
Thanking you
Monalisha Hazarika

14th March 2016, 05:46 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do if discontinued PhD after completed M.Sc(Agriculture) and interested in Oil and Petroleum?

You can apply for the jobs in each and every Oil and Petroleum Company as it is the only option left for you.
Except for Coal India there are Oil India, ONGC and a whole of host of Petroleum Companies where you can apply for the job on the basis of your Master Degree.
Although you are specialized in a different subject you can try and get a job as this is your area of interest.
This is what you should do now or you need to go back and continue with your PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?