12th July 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to take Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc?

What should I do to take Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc? Can you please let me know the complete eligibility criteria which is required? Is there any marks criteria or not? Can someone give me the information on this without fail? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course?
  2. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  4. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  6. What should I do after pursuing MSc Electronics?
  7. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  8. Which universities allow Ph.D in electronics after completing MSc in Electronics with 74%?
  9. What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D after completing M.Sc course?
  10. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  11. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
  12. How many colleges accept GATE Score?
  13. After M.Sc Photonics can I get job in India or Abroad or do I need to do PhD? Chances of getting foreign jobs after M.Sc Photonics?
  14. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  15. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?
  16. Which is the best option for good future prospects between MBA and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology?
  17. After M.Sc is there any scope to do PhD from IIT? Information about leading institutes in India where PhD can be done?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course? -- [New]
13th July 2015, 12:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to take Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What should I do to take Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc? Can you please let me know the complete eligibility criteria which is required? Is there any marks criteria or not? Can someone give me the information on this without fail? Thank you!
You have completed M.Sc degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you must have valid CSIR NET score.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
13th July 2015, 03:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You need to appear for entrance examination like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE,etc. examination in order to be eligible to get admission to Ph.D course as it is the basic eligibility criteria to be followed, however, after having scored well in the examination, you will probably have to wait for counselling and after that you be allotted colleges based on your marks for the course.
14th July 2015, 03:00 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If a candidate has completed the course of Masters Degree with 55% marks then the candidate is eligible for the course of PhD.
You need to clear the UGC-NET Examination and once you do so you can pursue the course of PhD with Scholarship.
There is no other criteria. You just need to prepare for the NET Examination and once you have cleared the NET Examination you can get admitted to the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?