2nd March 2018, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have job opportunities available after B.E./B.Tech?

Hello everyone, I am studying in B.E./B.Tech with Civil Engineering. I have heard alot about PhD programs. But I don’t understand why candidates of Engineering stream choose to do PhD if already they can get job easily? Somebody please tell me, why?

Related Questions:
  1. Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have huge job opportunities available after B.Tech?
  2. Different job opportunities for civil engineers?
  3. Which branch has more demand in future, Automobile or Chemical Engineering?
  4. Job opportunities for a candidate through PhD(Sports Management)
  5. Job opportunities for electronics and communication engineers? Difference between B.E and B.Tech?
  6. List of abroad job opportunities for Civil Engineers
  7. Why do Aeronautical Engineers not have much Job Opportunities as Mechanical Engineers?
  8. Job opportunities for Electronic and Communication engineers? Differences between B.E and B.Tech degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What are the government job opportunities for food processing engineers?
  10. Job opportunities for electronics and communication engineers? Basic difference between B.E degree and B.Tech?
  11. What are the different job opportunities available after completing PhD in Medical Pharmacology? Can I get a job in any Pharmaceutical Company after completing PhD?
  12. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  13. What are the job opportunities for computer engineers in government sector
  14. Which Ph.D branch in Pharmacology should I opt after M.Sc for wider Indian job prospects?
  15. What are the Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineers in Indian Railway? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Why Doctors are doing PhD if they already have huge job opportunities available after MBBS? -- [New]
  17. Job opportunities after completing PhD in Environmental science (Senior research fellowship)?
  18. Job opportunities for PhD(Mechanical Engineering) aspirant?
15th March 2018, 05:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have job opportunities available after B.E./B.Tech?

No doubt , that there are so many job opportunities after completing your BTech or Mtech but still as the number of students is increasing in this field so, students are pursuing PhD in order to enhance their knowledge and skill to effectively use it in the field area. Moreover after completing PhD candidate has more job opportunities and handsome salary.
15th March 2018, 06:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have job opportunities available after B.E./B.Tech?

There are number of prospectives that are responsible for this query and one of them is that many students have interest now a days to pursue higher And Higher Education moreover after pursuing higher education a candidate has lot of job opportunities.
Some of might be interested in teaching job hence the pursue higher education in order to become lecturer.
You should go with your interest and job prospectus.
16th March 2018, 07:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Those who want to research in their respective field, will go for Ph.D admission. It also opens a career in academics too. Hence, it is definitely a good option, if one is getting admission at a reputed institute like IIT.

Hence, it all depends on personal choices. These days people are looking for something different and thinking is changing surely.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?