19th April 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Which all post graduation courses are based only on Maths?

I took Maths,Physics,Chemistry and Computer Science in 12th. I want to know what all post graduations are there based only on maths,except Engineering and degree,after 12th.? Kindly someone take time to answer my question as I need to know to move forward.

22nd April 2015, 05:43 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Which all post graduation courses are based only on Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I took Maths,Physics,Chemistry and Computer Science in 12th. I want to know what all post graduations are there based only on maths,except Engineering and degree,after 12th.? Kindly someone take time to answer my question as I need to know to move forward.
After 12th you can study only maths by doing B.Math or B.Sc (Maths & Computers). The best places to study under graduate studies in Mathematics are:-

1) Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) :- It offers B.Math course.
2) Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) :- It offers B.Sc (Maths and Computer Science).

The application procedure is different for both institutes. You can also get admission by participating in Indian National Maths olympiad. And apart from these two there are other universities which are offering mathematics specific courses are:-
  • Madurai kamraj University
  • Devi Ahalya Vishwavidyalaya
  • University of Pune
  • University of Madras
  • Bhundelkhand University

After this post graduate level courses in mathematics are offered by more than 100+ universities most popular among them is M.Sc Mathematics. You can deeply delve into details in the attachment provided along with this answer below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maths.pdf(150.8 KB, 38 views)
23rd April 2015, 12:34 AM
Forumexpert
Member+

Default Re: Which all post graduation courses are based only on Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course few course are there. You can do the Master degree courses like,

- MA Mathematics
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Statistics

Those candidates who have completed their graduation in Mathematics with 50% percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the above courses. The admission to the course is usually offered on the basis of the marks obtained in graduation. Certain colleges carry out admission test during the selection process. Since, you are a 12th standard you need to complete the Graduation with Mathematics subject to to eligible for the MA in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?