2nd August 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in chemical branch after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

Sir/Mam,

I am doing B.Tech from computer science. I have to do M.Tech from chemical branch. Is it possible? please tell me. Am I eligible to take up the M.Tech course in Chemical branch or not? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
2nd August 2015, 02:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in chemical branch after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am doing B.Tech from computer science. I have to do M.Tech from chemical branch. Is it possible? please tell me. Am I eligible to take up the M.Tech course in Chemical branch or not? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?

Thank you!
You are doing B.Tech in Computer Science so you are not eligible for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech in Chemical engineering or M.Sc degree in Chemistry are eligible for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years and you must have valid GATE score.
2nd August 2015, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in chemical branch after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

Computer science is completely a different field from chemical engineering. Therefore, you are not eligible for M.Tech in chemical engineering. You need to have B.Tech in chemical engineering or its related field.

As for now you can apply for admission in M.Tech computer science engineering only.
2nd August 2015, 09:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Thank you!
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering course after completing B.Tech in Computer Science. Only those candidates who have completed their B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering are eligible.

- Applicants should possess the B.Tech/B.E in Chemical Engineering for pursuing M.Tech in chemical engineering. Applicants should have a minimum age of 21 years. The applicant can get admission to M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after clearing the GATE exam.

- One can also apply for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after completing M.Sc degree in Chemical Specialization.
2nd August 2015, 11:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do M.Tech in chemical branch after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science.

Eligibility for M.Tech. in Chemical Branch :

Candidate must have completed graduation in following streams :
1. Chemical
2. Electro-Chemical
3. Pharmaceutical Tech.
4. Petroleum Engg. / Tech.
5. Food Technology
6. Food Processing
7. Petrochemicals
8. Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals
9. Chemical and Electrochemical

There is no age limit for pursuing M.Tech in chemical branch.
Candidate have to clear GATE exam in order to take admission in M.Tech degree.
3rd August 2015, 02:32 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue M.Tech in Chemical branch, you should have completed your B.E./B.Tech in the same field, therefore as you have completed your B.Tech in CS, you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech in chemical Engineering.
9th August 2015, 08:37 AM
Junior Member+

Hi friend here i can give you some information
-->Actually you will not eligible with your B.tech score.
-->You have to crack the GATE exam with high level score.
-->You have to attempt the exam in the subject of CHEMISTRY.
-->then you will he chance have to get admission
-->You have to crack GATE in subject of CHEMISTRY only.
thank you........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?