1st March 2018, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Sc(IT) after completing BCA(H)?

Hello friends, I am doing BCA(H) from Pune University. I want to do M.Sc after my BCA instead of MCA because I want to do Information Technology course. So, I will do M.Sc in IT. So, I am eligible for doing M.Sc after BCA or not?

12th March 2018, 11:01 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc(IT) after completing BCA(H)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am doing BCA(H) from Pune University. I want to do M.Sc after my BCA instead of MCA because I want to do Information Technology course. So, I will do M.Sc in IT. So, I am eligible for doing M.Sc after BCA or not?

Yes, you are eligible to study MSc Information Technology (IT) after completion of BCA (H). Eligibility to study MSc IT is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics in 10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 50% marks. You can study the MSc IT course in various colleges. Being a BCA (H) graduate, you should study MCA instead of MSc IT. The scope for the MCA is higher compared to the MSc IT. You can get jobs in various MNCs and software companies after completion of MCA from any reputed college.
12th March 2018, 12:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for M.Sc in IT after the completion of BCA course, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Bachelors degree course studying Computer Application as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Masters degree in Information Technology.
12th March 2018, 01:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue M.Sc in IT after completion of BCA course:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Yes you are certainly eligible to pursue Master of Science in Information Technology course after completion of BCA (H) course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows,

>> The minimum qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are done with their B.Sc/ B.E/ B.Tech in Information Technology or Computer Science or B.Sc in Computer Application or BCA with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university/ board.

>> As you are from Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) background, I can strongly say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Information Technology course. You may find employment opportunities in top MNC companies or in small scale IT industries for Software Engineer, Programmer..etc.,
12th March 2018, 02:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue M.Sc IT even after completing BCA.
It is not mandatory to pursue only MCA and not any other stream. You can pursue any of the desired stream without any restriction.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?