6th May 2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for studying MSc(Biotechnology) in St. Xavier’s College Mumbai with 61% in BSc?

Sir, I have scored 61% marks in my BSc Biotechnology course. I want to join St. Xavier’s College of Mumbai for pursuing an MScin this same specialization. With this percentage of marks, am I eligible for studying for this MSc course at this college?

10th May 2020, 10:16 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Post Re: Am I eligible for studying MSc(Biotechnology) in St. Xavier’s College Mumbai with 61% in BSc?

Selection Procedure :

M.Sc. Microbiology is a postgraduate course in Microbiology. It is a discipline which combines Biology and Chemistry for investigation of the living system and their relationship to the environment.The duration of this course is 2 years divided into four semesters.

Eligibility B.Sc. degree
Admission Process Entrance Exam+Merit Based

St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, (informally Xavier's) is a college affiliated with the University of Mumbai
10th May 2020, 06:19 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for studying MSc(Biotechnology) in St. Xavier’s College Mumbai with 61% in BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have scored 61% marks in my BSc Biotechnology course. I want to join St. Xavier’s College of Mumbai for pursuing an MScin this same specialization. With this percentage of marks, am I eligible for studying for this MSc course at this college?
To be eligible for M.Sc in Biotechnology course, the Applicants must complete B.Sc. Biotechnology (3-year integrated course) degree examination of Mumbai University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, with at least 6 units in Biotech (i.e. minimum required for majoring in the subject) from a recognized university. Admission to the course will be purely merit based in accordance with the marks obtained in Biotechnology at the T.Y.B.Sc. examination. Applications for the course will be available Online.

Official website -> Click Here
14th May 2020, 01:50 PM
kuwaitjob

Default Re: Am I eligible for studying MSc(Biotechnology) in St. Xavier’s College Mumbai with 61% in BSc?

Yes you are eligible because you need to score BSc. Degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?