23rd January 2018, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for M.Sc life science after B.Sc?

I am B.Sc student and my subject combination in 1st year and 2nd year is zoology, botany, geography and in final I left geography. Sir, please give me a detail. I am eligible for MSc in life science.

23rd January 2018, 10:49 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Sc life science after B.Sc?

In order to pursue M.Sc Life Science, you should have completed you bachelor's degree (General/Hons) in bioscience/botany/zoology and any other relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university. Candidates who belongs to reserved category will get 5% marks relaxation.

With this eligibility you can get admission in different universities for the course. In most of the universities you have to appear for a written examination to be eligible for getting admission.
24th January 2018, 11:01 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.SC (Master of Science) degree in life science after completing B.SC because minimum qualification required to apply for postgraduate degree in life science is bachelors degree of science degree from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained relaxation of 5% marks of SC/ST category candidates. Here below are details regarding M.SC life science course:-
  • Duration of M.SC life science course is 2 years which are sub divided into 4 semesters.
  • Major specialization in M.SC life science are Biodynamics, Zoology, Molecular biology, Tissue engineering, Evolutionary genetics, Developmental biology, Cognitive neuroscience etc.

List of Reputed Institutes Offer M.SC Life Science Course:-

1. Ahmedabad University, Gujarat
  2. Government Autonomous College, Orissa
  3. JS University, Utter Pradesh
  4. Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra
  5. Ganga Kaveri Institute of Science and Management, Karnatka
25th January 2018, 12:09 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing M.Sc in Life Science after completion of B.Sc course. In order to do this course, you must have completed B.Sc with any of the below mentioned subjects.
* Botany
* Zoology
* Life Sciences
* Bio-Sciences ..etc.,

You must have secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation in order to be eligible. As you are done with the above mentioned subjects, I can say that you are certainly eligible for doing this course.

Some of the colleges offering this course are,
<> Bangalore University
<> University of Calicut
<> Jadavpur University
<> University of Madras
<> Sophia College for Women
<> Amity University
<> Jawaharlal Nehru University
<> Manipur University..etc.,
28th January 2018, 04:36 PM
sree2244

For doing M.Sc you must have completed B.Sc with follow subjects
<>Botany
<>Zoology
<>Life science
<>Bio-Science
and candidate should be got 50% marks in B.Sc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?