25th November 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I do post graduation in Geography from IGNOU having done M.Com?

Can I do post graduation in geography from ignou . Is it good for civil service optional. I am very curious about it. I have done m.com from ranchi university and right now I am working as an assistant superintending officer in ministry of statistics and programme implementation, Gvt. Of India

19th December 2013, 10:52 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do post graduation in Geography from IGNOU having done M.Com?

I am sorry you are not eligible to do post graduation in Geography. For the post graduation it is necessary to have subject in the graduation. As you have done B.com and after that M.com so you are not eligible to do post graduation in geography.

Geography is a good subject but for the post graduation in any subject the candidate should have that subject in graduation. So as you have done M.com then you can apply for the job in many companies and you can also apply for the job in many colleges for the lecturer.

You can do any other professional course but can’t able to do post graduation in geography and as you are working in ministry of statistics and programme implementation then it is good and I think you should continue your work.

And geography is a good subject for the civil services but as you are not eligible to do post graduation in geography then you have to take some another subject related to your field. It is best for you. And as you have knowledge about your subject then it is beneficial for you.

You are doing such a reputed job and now you want to apply for the civil services exam. These exams are conducted by the UPSC and these are very tough exams. So you should take that subject in which you have good knowledge and geography is not familiar subject for you. So I think you should take that subject in which you have interest and have good knowledge also.

Now decision is yours and all the best for the civil exams and does preparation in advance that will make you to clear the exam in first attempt.
24th February 2014, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do post graduation in Geography from IGNOU having done M.Com?

Can i do ma in geography in goa through ignos
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?