21st September 2021, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue either Masters or PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Horticulture?

I have completed my B.Sc Horticulture and presently I am doing Masters in the same field but I am presently very much interested in Biotechnology. Can I go for PhD in Biotechnology? If not, then am I eligible for Masters in Biotechnology being student of Horticulture in Bachelors? With regards.

22nd September 2021, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue either Masters or PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Horticulture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Sc Horticulture and presently I am doing Masters in the same field but I am presently very much interested in Biotechnology. Can I go for PhD in Biotechnology? If not, then am I eligible for Masters in Biotechnology being student of Horticulture in Bachelors? With regards.
You have completed B.Sc degree so you can apply for masters degree. You can't apply Ph.D course.

Require educational qualification for M.Sc is graduation degree in Science from any recognized University.

Your age should be above 17 years.
22nd September 2021, 08:59 PM
periwinkle09876

Default Re: Can I pursue either Masters or PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Horticulture?

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to pursue PhD in Biotechnology after BSc in Horticulture because the minimum educational qualification required to pursue PhD is masters degree in the same subject in which you want to pursue PhD.

YES, you are eligible to pursue MSc in biotechnology after BSc in horticulture but the admission to reputed colleges is done on the basis of entrance exam that is conducted by the respective University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?