8th June 2021, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology?

Can I pursue masters in psycology after completing my degree in b.sc biotechnology with botany biotechnology and chemistry I want to know that can I pursue masters in psychology after my degree in b.sc biotechnology please tell me the answer

9th June 2021, 04:58 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue this Master's Degree in Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology course. The minimum educational qualification required is as follows,

>> Name of the Course - Master's in Psychology (MA in Psychology preferably)

@ The basic qualification required for most of the institutes is "Graduation" in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

@ Also some of the colleges prefer candidates who have done their Graduation with Psychology as the main subject.

>> In General, the admission will be done based on the merit in qualifying examination.
10th June 2021, 12:22 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology?

Yes, You can pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology.

Those who have completed Graduation with any specialization with minimum aggregate of 50% from recognized university are eligible to pursue Master Degree in Psychology.

You won't get direct admission in any university.

You have to go through entrance exam conducted by particular university.
10th June 2021, 11:53 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Lightbulb Re: Can I pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology?

Yes, you are free to opt for masters Psychology even though you have done BSc in Biotechnology. You can even explore Biotechnology neuroscience instead of psychology.
10th June 2021, 07:05 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue masters in psychology after completing BSc biotechnology. You are free to opt for MSc Psychology even though you have done BSc in Biotechnology. You can even explore Biotechnology neuroscience instead of psychology.
11th June 2021, 05:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing Masters in Psychology, scholar should have completed Bachelor degree in Psychology .

Since, you have completed Bachelor in Biotechnology , so you cannot apply for pursuing Masters in Psychology.

Note that you must have pursued either B.A or BSc in psychology ( with at least 50% marks ) to be eligible for pursuing Master degree in Psychology.

I have listed below some colleges for Masters in Psychology:-

Hindu College, New Delhi
Fergussion College, Pune
Saint Xavier's College, Mumbai
Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune Mithibai College of Arts, Mumbai.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?