25th July 2016, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Chances to get admission in IIM-A for B.Sc(Chemistry) General student with 75% in 10th and 55% in 12th?

I am belonging from General category. At present I am doing B.Sc in Chemistry in St. Xavier's College of Ahmedabad. I am thinking of giving CAT in my final year. My scores are as follow:
10th standard- 75%
12th standard- 55%.
I am sure that I will get above 80% in my fifth and sixth semesters of B.Sc. I have no work experience, not much extra curricular activities certificates. I am sure I will score above 99 percentile in CAT. Does I am having any chance of getting into IIM-A? Please tell me what I should do? Thanks in advance.

25th July 2016, 10:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to get admission in IIM-A for B.Sc(Chemistry) General student with 75% in 10th and 55% in 12th?

IIM A stands for Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. It is one of the best of all IIMs. The admission in any IIM is given on basis of Common Aptitude Test scores. For admission in IIM A, anything less than 100 percentile is not acceptable. You need to score 100 percentile at any cost.

The eligibility criteria for CAT is that candidate must have done graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for CAT exam. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for CAT. You can apply for CAT exam in final year and must try to score 100 percentile in order to get admission in IIM A.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?