15th October 2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for GATE 2015

I'm studying third year in Engineering. Can i attend GATE 2015? Or in short can someone do tell me the GATE 2015 Eligiblity

18th October 2014, 11:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for GATE 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying third year in Engineering. Can i attend GATE 2015? Or in short can someone do tell me the GATE 2015 Eligiblity
No, 3rd year students are not eligible for GATE 2015 exam. For details of eligibility criteria click me

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
31st March 2015, 12:52 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No being a pr-final year candidate, you are not eligible to sit for GATE examination 2015.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. This exam is conducted by one of the top Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) every year.

Those candidates who want pursue their Master degree i.e., M.E/M.Tech from the top institutes like IITs and NITs have to appear for this examination. However, they can also apply for some PSU jobs interview if they have scored good marks in their GATE exam.

Educational Qualification:

Those candidates who have completed at least their bachelor degree in engineering in any department or Master's degree in science from the recognized university are eligible to sit for this exam.

>> Candidates who are appearing in their final year of engineering are also applicable for this examination (Pr-Final year candidates are not eligible).

>> No any age limit for applying this exam.

>> No any attempt limit for GATE exam.

As you are in your 3rd year of engineering you can not apply for GATE exam 2015 but, you can surely apply for GATE exam 2016 next year.
31st March 2015, 10:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for the year 2015 is already conducted. However being a third year student of bachelor's degree in engineering, you were not eligible to apply for the 2015 exam.

Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in technology or engineering can apply for this exam. Final year candidates of B.Tech are also eligible to apply for the exam.

So you need to wait for one year, the notification for GATE, 2016 will be out in October month.

Till then , prepare better for the exams. Brush up your concepts. GATE consists of 65 questions of 100 marks with aptitude of 15 marks and rest marks from your core subjects.

Practice previous years papers. Made Easy is the best institute for GATE exam preparation.
1st April 2015, 10:52 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an online test which is held every year to seelct the candidates for Master's degree in technology .

It consists of 65 questions of 100 marks.

Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree in engineering or technology is eligible to apply for the exam. Final year B.Tech candidates can also apply.

But third year that is prefinal year candidates cannot apply for the exam.

So, you can apply for the 2016 GATE exam as 2015 GATE exam is over, also you were not eligible for this.

Conceptual questions are asked, so work on concepts of your core subjects of stream of engineering.
2nd April 2015, 10:28 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
No , I regret to say that you cannot write GATE 2015 as being a pte final year student.

Only final year or passed student are eligible to apply.
Gate eligibility is as follows:
There is no any limited no to attempts for this exam.

There is also no age bar for this exam.

Any student having engineering or graduate degree either in final year or passed are eligible to apply.

This exam is conducted to select the candidate for admissions in its and not for the master degree.

This exam results are also helpful in selection of suitable candidate for their vacancy in PSU .
4th April 2015, 02:43 PM
amanshrivastava98

For an admission into MTech, you have to fight the GATE examination, for admission in all the Govt and deemed universities.

The eligibility criteria for GATE is

* The candidate should be at least 21 years at the time of application.

* The candidate should be in the final year or have passed the final year of the qualifying examination as mentioned by the GATE Concil.
7th April 2015, 02:07 AM
poojasingh151

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Candidates willing to pursue master's degree in technology from Indian Institute of Technology or for Public Sector Undertakings recruitment give this exam.

The eligibility criteria for GATE is :

Bachelor's degree in engineering/ technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

However being a third year engineering candidate, you cannot apply for the exam.

GATE 2015 is over. You will have to wait for GATE 2016 notification which will come in October 2015.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?