29th January 2019, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study MD(Medicine) for BPharm student?

Hello everyone, I am in my final year of BPharm course. I am looking forward to do MD in Medicine course. However, I don't know that whether I am eligible or not to do this MD course after my Graduation. Kindly tell me regarding this.

9th February 2019, 05:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MD(Medicine) for BPharm student?

You can't pursue MD in Medicine without having a MBBS degree. B.Pharm degree will not make you eligible for MD in any stream. You need to have a MBBS degree for it.

On the basis of B.Pharma, you can only apply for M.Pharma admission through entrance exam like GPAT. If you want to pursue MD, then you need to complete MBBS first.
9th February 2019, 09:56 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MD(Medicine) for BPharm student?

You are not eligible to study MD(Medicine) being a BPharm student. MD is a 2 years duration of post graduate degree. Candidates who have completed MBBS/BAMS with a minimum aggregate score of 50% with 1-year compulsory internship and with registration are eligible to study MD(Medicine).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?