23rd May 2022, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Insurance Underwriter in India?

Please assist me to become an Underwriter in Insurace company. I have done B.Com from mumbai university and my scores were 40% and have also written a PGDM in correspondence exam from Punjab Technical University in Insurance and Risk Management.

29th May 2022, 08:48 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Insurance Underwriter in India?

To become an Insurance Underwriter in India a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in BBA (Banking and Insurance/Insurance Management), BCom in Insurance Management, Bachelor of Insurance and Risk Management or MBA in Insurance and Risk Management, MSc in Insurance Business, Master in Insurance Business or Advanced Diploma course in Insurance Management from a recognized university/institute. There is no specific age limit to becoming an Insurance Underwriter.
31st May 2022, 09:00 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become an Insurance Underwriter in India?

Most insurance Co’s appoint underwritters from among there employee cadre. Each insurance Co has its own set of rules besides the ones framed by the regulator.

To qualify or merit appointment as underwriter, one should have passed the exam conducted by the Insurance Institute of India. It called the Licentiate exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?