14th February 2015, 04:13 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack CAT through self preparation?

i'm persuing b.tech 2nd year in electrical stream and i want to crack the entrance exam CAT for taking admission in a good college like iim but i can't join coaching for preparation of CAT due to being institute much far?so would u tell me can i crack CAT with self study or not.If yes then how?

19th February 2015, 11:54 AM
bablurocks

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack CAT through self preparation?

Common Admission Test commonly known as CAT is a computer based test in India held for admissions into IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) and other B-schools.

For section I Quantitative Ability: Target areas in which you are strong first. Don’t get stuck on a topic and avoid wasting too much time on one question.

For section II Vocabulary and English: Attempt vocab questions first, these are the question that take less time and are often solved under a minute, then follow on with reading comprehension, logical and verbal reasoning.

Managing your time with work: A lot of participants of CAT are people who are working side by side, for such people managing work with preparation can be quite troublesome, in such cases they must make full use of their weekends and also study for a couple hours to keep things moving smoothly and the flow alive.

19th February 2015, 06:01 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem if you cannot join coaching institute for preparation of CAT owing to distance issues. You have two options. You can completely do self study or you can opt for correspondence or online coaching. If you opt for the second option, then there are several coaching institutes which offer such opportunity. However, the best coaching institutes in this field are TIME and Career Launcher. If you go for the first option, then you need purchase books of aptitude and english and prepare yourself. Since you are in second year, so you should start with low level aptitude books and then go for the higher level ones. You can start with RS Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal and Non-Verbal and then can switch to Arihant's Quantum Cat followed by Arun Sharma's Quantitative Aptitude for CAT. You can start your english from word power made easy and also solve previous years papers and give various mock tests online. Even books with mock test papers are also available. Apart from this, keep reading newspapers daily and education and business magazines weekly or monthly. If you prepare well and have confidence you can definitely crack CAT with a good percentile.

25th July 2015, 11:55 AM
moto g

Hello.

Yes you can prepare for CAT examination through yourself.It is also good if you have joined the coaching classes.
You should do hard work on apptitude.
You should also have good command on english as well.
And you should have good knowledge of maths (basics) i.e of class 8,9.
You can also purchase books of cat availabe in market.
You can also purchase quantum also.
you can also prepare for CAT through distance learning there are many website which will help you alot.
You should have knowledge in every field for cracking CAT.
If you will do all this you will definitley crack the CAT exam by good percentile.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?