13th December 2016, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for further studies in IIT after after completing B.Tech ECE?

Respected Sir, Now I am pursuing B.Tech ECE (3rd year) from Pondicherry University. I want to do my Higher studies from IIT so I want to know how can I prepare so that I can pursue my career from IIT after completing B.Tech ECE? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 08:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for further studies in IIT after after completing B.Tech ECE?

For studying further at IIT after B.Tech ECE, you have to crack GATE. This is the only way you can get admission in IIT for your M.Tech course. Hence, you should start preparing for GATE because only top scorers get admission at IIT.

The better the GATE score, the better will be your chance of getting admission through counselling. You need at least 60% marks in B.Tech to become eligible for GATE.
14th December 2016, 09:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for further studies in IIT after after completing B.Tech ECE?

The best course for you to pursue from Indian Institute of Technology is Master of Technology after Bachelor of Technology from Pondicherry university in Electronics and Communication stream. You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and clear this exam with good rank to get admission in M.Tech in any Indian Institute of Technology.

GATE qualified candidates get stipend for pursuing Master of Technology. GATE is a computer based examination which consists of 65 questions of 100 marks and three hours duration. Questions will be from your technical subjects and aptitude also. You need to have good conceptual clarity in basics of your technical subjects of ECE stream then only you can clear this exam.

You can prepare for this exam from coaching institutes like MADE EASY, GATE Forum etc. Practice objective questions as much as possible.
14th December 2016, 10:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT for higher studies such as M.Tech you have to appear and qualify in GATE examination.

GATE examination is conducted by IIT or IISc. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E/M.Sc from a recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum passing aggregate.

The examination syllabus contains questions of engineering courses mainly from 3rd and 4th year. So, you need to do better preparation in these years for qualifying in examination.

There are also questions from quantitative aptitude. So, you have to do preparation for this also to qualify in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?