5th February 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

MBA can be done from IITs through GATE?

Subject of my query: MBA via GATE
Experts tell me can i pursue MBA in IIT's via GATE exam?

5th February 2015, 06:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MBA can be done from IITs through GATE?

No, you cannot pursue MBA in IIT's through GATE. That's because GATE is an entrance exam for the candidates, who want to join in PG courses of Engineering or Technology or Architecture. But, you can pursue your MBA in IIM(Indian Institutes of Management). You can do so, if you can appear and qualify CAT exam.
5th February 2015, 06:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Subject of my query: MBA via GATE
Experts tell me can i pursue MBA in IIT's via GATE exam?
You can not apply MBA course in IIT's through GATE exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 60% marks from recognized university with valid CAT score are eligible for admission in IIT for MBA course.

CAT score card is essential for MBA course in IIT's.

You can apply M.Tech course through GATE score card.
5th February 2015, 07:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do MBA course in I.I.T through GATE examination score because, the GATE examination score is valid only for getting admission to M.Tech course. To get admission in MBA course in I.I.T, you need to appear in Common Admission Test (CAT) examination. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in CAT examination. By scoring top rank in CAT examination, you can get admission in MBA course in I.I.T.
5th February 2015, 10:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, MBA cannot be done from IITs through GATE Score. You cannot even pursue MBA from Business schools or reputed institutions or universities through GATE Score. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), in the name itself it is there that Aptitude Test conducted for Engineering Graduates to pursue M.E/ M.Tech. I can clear one thing that, you cannot pursue MBA via GATE Examination. If you wish to get admission in MBA course, you are required to write MAT (Management Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier's Aptitude Test), CAT (Common Admission Test), SNAP test to get seats in reputed universities or Business schools. You cannot pursue MBA course in IITs via GATE Examination.
9th April 2015, 08:00 PM
kunalroy89

GATE is actually conducted for admission to M.Tech programs to IITs and other institutes.

But MBA programs are pursued in several of the IITs. They used to conduct entrance exam for MBA in IITs.Till 2011 the exam was known as JMET-Joint management Entrance Test.
But since 2012,JMET has been replaced by CAT.Now if you want to apply for MBA in IITs, you need to clear CAT which is conducted by IIMs.
The Management departments of IITs are known as IIT-SoM- Schools of Management and IIT SoMs are in IIT Kharagpur,Roorkee,Delhi,Mumbai,Chennai and Kanpur.

For MBA from other top institutes like IIMs you need to clear exams like CAT,XAT,MAT etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?