30th October 2018, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

Hello friends, I want to be a Lecturer in college. I want to know if MPhil is necessary or compulsory for being a Lecturer as I am already studying MCom course. Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

15th November 2018, 03:26 PM
mayank1610

Post Re: Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

No, it is not really necessary but most of the colleges demand either MPhil or Phd degree to become a professor. It depends upon the college you chose to apply. The high reputed colleges will definite need this as a requirement but most of the low level not.
15th November 2018, 09:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

The minimum requirement for becoming a Lecturer is a masters degree with NET/SET score. M.Phil is not compulsory and you can even get such job based on your research experience or any professional experience with PG degree.

Therefore, most of the colleges will not look at your M.Phil qualification. They will look at minimum qualification and your academic record with any experience.
18th November 2018, 11:38 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I want to be a Lecturer in college. I want to know if MPhil is necessary or compulsory for being a Lecturer as I am already studying MCom course. Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

It is not mandatory to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer. Candidates with a master’s degree with National Eligibility Test (NET) / SLET qualifications are eligible to become a Lecturer. Therefore, candidates have to clear the NET / SLET to become a Lecturer. Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to appear for the NET. Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination of the master’s degree are also eligible for the NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?