23rd January 2019, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

Hello friends, I want to be a Lecturer in a reputed college. I want to know if MPhil is necessary or compulsory for being a Lecturer as I am already studying MA in Political Science. Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

29th January 2019, 08:59 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

To be eligible to be a lecturer one should hold at least a masters degree in any of the relevant subjects with at least minimum 55% marks in it.
Higher qualifications are always preferred.
30th January 2019, 04:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study MPhil for becoming a Lecturer?

To be a lecturer in a college, you must have completed masters degree program and must have qualified the examination with nothing less than 55% marks. After qualifying the master's degree examination, you will have to apply for National Eligibility Test , this test is conducted by University Grants Commission those who do not qualify this test are not considered eligible to apply for the lecturers position in any recognised university or college located anywhere in India.

The official notification will be released in the month of February however the application forms will be released in the month of March and examination will be conducted in the month of July, 2019.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?