28th July 2021, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better between MTech Environmental engineering and Geotechnology?

please tell me about the scope of mtech on environmental Geotechnology from nit calicut. Which one is better, doing m.tech on environmental engg or geotechnical engg or else doing mtech on environmental geotechnology . i got 6973 rank and 435 score in GATE 2014.sc category. I am focused on two options, environmental geotechnology from nit or environmental engg or geotechnical engg from College of Engineering trivandrum. Which should i opt.

30th July 2021, 07:27 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which one is better between MTech Environmental engineering and Geotechnology?

Geotechnical engineering is branch of civil engineering which deals with the soil mechanics and foundation engineering. So one can get job profiles related to soil investigation foundation design.

Environmental engineering deals with various aspects of the public health works like water supply, drinking water treatment, waste water treatment and disposal, solid waste management, air pollution control, environmental impact assessment of projects, environmental protection.

Both fields have got their own importance. One can also go for a career in academics and research in both the areas with higher education like Phd. In the end it depends upon one’s own interest which one is a better choice.
31st July 2021, 01:18 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one is better between MTech Environmental engineering and Geotechnology?

MTech Environmental engineering is better because Environmental Engineering have more opportunities as compared to Geotechnology.

Choose according to your own interest because at the end of the day you must be satisfied role and learning.

Go through the counseling procedure of GATE examination to secure admission in good college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?