23rd May 2015, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Preferred course after B.Tech for the people who love to meet people, travelling and want to serve nation? Should I go for Sociology?

Hello everyone, please help me. i have done btech in computer science and worked in organisation but i dont feel this place for me. i love to meet people, travelling and want to serve nation. After btech what course i can do ?
can i go for sociology after b.tech. ? i.e. post graduation in Sociology ?
or if there other PG courses please guide me.

Thank you (in advance) for ur time

25th May 2015, 03:07 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Preferred course after B.Tech for the people who love to meet people, travelling and want to serve nation? Should I go for Sociology?

You should go for the course in which you have interest and comfort. If you do so, then only you will be able to achieve satisfaction in your job and will be able to enjoy it. So you can definitely go for Sociology field. You have to do graduation and then post graduation to excel in the field and be eligible for a wide job scope after course completion. However, as you like to travel, meet new people and want to serve the nation, so tourism is an ideal industry for you. Tourism is also an important sector for country's economy. Hence if you go and excel in this field you can contribute a lot to the country's economy and tourism image before the entire world.It will also take less time since you can pursue diploma and post graduate diploma course in this field and even can do them in correspondence mode while continuing with your job.
26th May 2015, 03:04 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Preferred course after B.Tech for the people who love to meet people, travelling and want to serve nation? Should I go for Sociology?

It is good to have interest in meeting people and travelling.But the fact is socializing with people is not sociology. And more importantly,the practical fact is after your B.Tech+Sociology masters what kind of job do you expect and whom do you expect to recruit you.
Your best option would be to go for MBA in tourism.This way you will have proper qualification as well as your interests will also be fulfilled.Accept it or not,but you need money to run your life and interest both.So why not combine your interest with your job.
You can opt for
MBA in Tourism Management,
MBA Tourism and Travel management,
MBA in International Tourism,
MBA in Tourism and Hospitality,
Several B-Schools under CAT and mostly under MAT provides admission to these courses.
But before taking admissions check about the AICTE and UGC certification of your College and University respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?