20th June 2017, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the best option after B.Sc honors in physics?

I am a 3rd year student in BSc honors in physics, if I get 50% marks in graduation what should I do? Please tell me the best. Do I go for job?? Or continue study?

21st June 2017, 12:05 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the best option after B.Sc honors in physics?

After successful completion of B.Sc Honors in Physics, I would strongly suggest you to go ahead with Master of Science in Physics course.

Yes, there are several courses available to pursue after completion of Bachelor Degree.

You may get job opportunities after completion of B.Sc Honors Physics course, but even then you may find very good number of job opportunities after completion of Master's degree.

Some of the top courses available are,

* M.Sc in Physics,
* M.Sc in Geo Physics,
* M.Phil in Physics,
* M.Phil in Applied Physics,
* M.Sc and Ph.D in Astrophysics and Physics course.

You may even go with doctoral program after completion of Master's Degree in order to find better career. So I would suggest you to pursue Master of Science in Physics course in order to get good job opportunities after completion of studies.
21st June 2017, 11:37 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have completed B.Sc Hons in physics so better option for higher study like:
MBA, MCA etc.

Government jobs for B.SC Honours in Physics:-

High School Teacher Jobs

Bank PO and Bank Clerk Jobs

UPSC exam( IAS, IPS, IAS, SCRA, NDA )

PSC Exam

Electricity Board of India

SSC Exam

Defence Sector

ISRO

DRDO

So you can choose any of these from above jobs.
21st June 2017, 02:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You have the option to choose between both the government sector and private sector. In the government sector you can choose job like civil service, PO and other government sector job. You may be required to clear the entrance test for these exams.
Moreover if you are interested you can go for further studies like:

MA

MBA

MSc in Physics

Teaching

Once you will complete your masters you can apply for NET exam to apply for the post of lecturer in government college.

You can also write JAM exam for doing post graduate in IITs for astrophysics, allied physics and physics.
21st June 2017, 03:19 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion you can go for Master of Science in Physics course after B.Sc honors in physics. M.Sc. Physics or Master of Science in Physics is a postgraduate Physics course. The duration of this course is two years.

Eligibility: Candidate must have passed bachelor degree with at least 50% from a recognized university.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

=> Jiwaji University, Gwalior

=> Panjab University - PU, Chandigarh

=> Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra

=> Annamalai University, Cuddalore

On the other hand if you are interested to do job after B.Sc honors in physics then you can apply for jobs in given below employment area.

=> Laboratories and Institutes

=> Agricultural Research services

=> Hospitals

=> Educational Institutes

=> Power Generating Companies

=> Aviation Industry

=> Demolition Squads
21st June 2017, 05:10 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

After completion of the above mentioned course, you can opt for various courses mentioned below, kindly have a look;

> B.Tech(Electronics).

> M.Sc(Physics).

> M.Sc(Nuclear Physics).

> M.Sc(Astronomy)

> MCA.

> MBA.

> MD Physics,etc.

Some of the jobs in government sector are mentioned below;

> UPSC.

> SSC.

> IBPS.

> RRB, etc.

Apart from this there are various private companies in which you can apply after completion of your course.
21st June 2017, 05:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 3rd year student in BSc honors in physics, if I get 50% marks in graduation what should I do? Please tell me the best. Do I go for job?? Or continue study?

There are two options available for the BSc Honors in Physics completed students. One is to study further and another one is to apply for jobs. Candidates after completion of physics graduation can apply for jobs in various government and private organizations. They can find the job vacancy details in the job portals or newspapers. Regarding higher study option, a list of courses to study after BSc Honors Physics is given below;

MSc Physics
MSc Astrophysics
MSc Electronics
MSc Geophysics
MSc Nuclear Physics
MBA
MCA
Bachelor of Education
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Law Graduation (LLB)
22nd June 2017, 01:29 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The best option for you after the completion of your B.Sc in Physics will be to opt for M.Sc degree course in the relevant field as it will enhance your degree in the educational field. After that, you can also apply for Ph.D, if you complete your Masters degree course with a minimum of 55% of marks. Or else, you can also apply for MBA course after the completion of your B.Sc degree course.
22nd June 2017, 12:06 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

There are so many career options after B.Sc honours in Physics.
Since you are a graduate, you can apply for various government sector jobs such as:
>Union Public Service Commission for Posts like IPS, IAS, IFS
>Staff Selection Commission
>Indian Forest Service
>Banking Sector
>State PCS
>Indian Defence services

If you are interested in Physics/Science stream related career than it would be better for you to opt for M.sc in Physics and then do PhD in subject as it often seen than Physics Post graduate and PhD holder are required and earning very well who are employed in Govt or Private research and Development organization such as Indian Space Research Organization, National Remote Sensing Agency, and Space Application Centre and so on.

After PG in Physics you can also apply for NET/SET examination, qualifying in which you can teach in Govt or Private Colleges as a professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?