22nd December 2017, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.Tech having interest in government jobs?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have done my B.Tech. My father told to me to do M.Tech. I am not interested in teaching. So, my M.Tech, how it will be used in government sector or private sector? I am interested in government jobs. But, it will link some jobs in GATE exam. It is very tough. Bank side I am not interested. I am very confused. What I can do? I am hard working person.

22nd December 2017, 04:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after B.Tech having interest in government jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I have done my B.Tech. My father told to me to do M.Tech. I am not interested in teaching. So, my M.Tech, how it will be used in government sector or private sector? I am interested in government jobs. But, it will link some jobs in GATE exam. It is very tough. Bank side I am not interested. I am very confused. What I can do? I am hard working person.

You have to appear for GATE examination to join in government jobs after completion of BTech. Most of the PSUs recruit candidates on the basis of GATE score and interview. Apart from the PSUs, you can also apply for jobs in Indian Railways. Candidates are recruited in railways through Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). RRB conducts written test and interview for the selection. You can also apply for various posts in state government jobs. State government jobs are recruited through the State Staff Selection Commission.
22nd December 2017, 07:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are interested in Government sector jobs after the completion of B.Tech course, you can apply for different Central and State Government jobs based on your qualification.
To do so, you have to appear in different entrance examinations, qualifying in which you can get jobs in Government sector in different fields.
It will be better that you prepare for the GATE examination and try to qualify in it. Valid GATE scorecard will lead you to apply for some Government sector jobs based on the marks scored in the GATE examination.
22nd December 2017, 09:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Best way to get a government job after B.Tech is through GATE at various PSUs based on your stream. Most of the PSUs recruit based on GATE score and performance in the interview.

You can apply for UPSC engineering services exam, SSC CGL, Civil services exam, state public service commission exams, etc. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?