7th May 2017, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

What should we do after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering to get a government job in future?

After completing my 8th semester be civil. What actually I should do this I am not getting. My wish to do government job so for government job. What we study or what should we do? Can you please guide me with the information on this? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream?
  2. What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get a government job after completion of Civil Engineering?
  4. What is the future scope of Government job for civil engineers in future?
  5. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  6. Can I get a government job after completion of B.TEch in Civil Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  8. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  10. How to prepare for getting Government job after completion of B.Tech with Civil branch?
  11. Can I get government job on the basis of Civil Diploma? Right procedure to get such job?
  12. Can I do diploma in Civil engineering after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What to do after completion of diploma in Civil engineering? Can I go for higher studies or get a job?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for a Government job in the Civil Sector at Uttar Pradesh after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering from KSOU?
  15. What to study for getting government job after completion of civil engineering? -- [New]
  16. Is the Civil engineering degree of JRVD University Udaipur, Rajasthan valid for Government jobs or not?
  17. How to get a job in construction company after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  18. What should be preparation which I need to get the government job after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering?
9th May 2017, 09:02 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should we do after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering to get a government job in future?

First of all you have to decide whether you want to get job in core companies or in non technical field. The main reason is that you are eligible for technical as well as non technical jobs too.

**For technical jobs, you have to start focus in core subjects that you have read in Engineering course. You can also go through previous year papers and try to solve it to find out your weak sections and work on it.

Following are the list of companies/ Exams in which you can appear for getting job in core companies:
>>GATE (for most of PSU’s companies)
>>UPSC IES
>>SSC JE
>>Indian Railway (JE and SSE post)
>>DMRC (JE post) and many more

**For Non Technical jobs, you have to start focus in quantitative aptitude, Reasoning and English section very well. You have to focus on speed as well as on accuracy to get job in non technical field.

Following are the list of exams in which you can appear to get job in non technical field:
>>SSC CGL
>>IBPS/ SBI PO
>>Insurance Company (AO post/ Assistant post)
>>UPSC Civil Services Exam and many more
9th May 2017, 12:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should we do after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering to get a government job in future?

There are lots of government jobs available after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering. First of all you have to choose a field in which you are interested. You can apply for jobs in government banks, railways, you can apply for jobs in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Air Force, you can find employment in different PSU's also. After completing civil engineering you can also apply for jobs in government architectural firms and many more.

For these jobs you have to appear for government entrance examinations. So, according to your interest you have to prepare for the examinations. There are different books available for these jobs and hence, you can select the job at first and prepare accordingly.
12th July 2017, 10:42 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completing my 8th semester be civil. What actually I should do this I am not getting. My wish to do government job so for government job. What we study or what should we do? Can you please guide me with the information on this? Thanks!
After Being.tech in CIVIL ENGINEERING,You can prepare for any of the following exams:-

1. GATE EXAM
2. UPSC INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM
3. SSC JUNIOR ENGINEER EXAM
4. RAILWAY JUNIOR ENGINEER EXAM
5. RAILWAY SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER EXAM
6. DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION EXAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?