28th January 2018, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an Astronaut after B.Tech textile engineering?

I'm studying B.Tech textile engineering, but I like astronaut. If possible that to become a astronaut,how and which group should I take?

Related Questions:
28th January 2018, 10:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Astronaut after B.Tech textile engineering?

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to become an Astronaut. The basic educational qualification required is B.E/ B.Tech or Engineering from a recognized university.

Or else, you must have completed Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Biological Science or Physical Science from a recognized university.

The minimum age required to be eligible for appearing in the recruitment is 21 years and of course there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

In general, the basic educational qualification required is Graduation in concerned stream. As you are pursuing Engineering, I can say that you are eligible to apply for the post of Astronaut with B.Tech in Textile Engineering.
29th January 2018, 11:06 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying B.Tech textile engineering, but I like astronaut. If possible that to become a astronaut,how and which group should I take?

Sorry, it is not possible to become an Astronaut after completion of BTech Textile Engineering. You can find jobs in various textile manufacturing units (spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, etc.) in sales and production departments. Scope for the BTech Textile Engineering is good. You can also find jobs with the textile machinery manufacturers. Therefore, it is not possible to become an astronaut in India after completion of BTech Textile Engineering. Candidates with a master’s degree in mathematics or science are preferred for the astronaut.
29th January 2018, 04:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become an astronaut I think candidate should have degree in Aerospace Engineering.

Till from textile engineering also you may become astronaut.

But for this you have to do Master Degree( M.Tech ) is aerospace related subject. After completion of your M.Tech with some proper training you may become astronaut.

But for complete information it's better to contact with different astronaut centres. They will provide exact details about how to become an astronaut.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?