10th August 2017, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Criminal Lawyer after class 12th science

Hello Sir, I am the 12th science student want to become a criminal lawyer. So, how can I go for the same, please guide me regarding the same. I would like to study law but I do not know how to start with? How many years would it take to complete the same? Which is the best college? How much percentage is required for the same? Is any entrance to be given? Can I do only the crash course for the entrance?

Related Questions:
11th August 2017, 08:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Criminal Lawyer after class 12th science

Procedure to become a Criminal Lawyer after completion of 12th Class with Science stream:

There is a certain procedure in order to become a Criminal Lawyer and the detailed procedure is as follows.

>> You are required attain LLB (Bachelor's in Law) course from a recognized university to become a Lawyer.

>> In general, the basic educational qualification required to pursue LLB then you must have completed Graduation from a recognized university. If you are appearing CLAT Exam then 12th Class is required to be eligible.

>> After successful completion of LLB course, you may pursue Master's Degree. You may choose any one of the below streams.
* Criminology
* Criminal Law

You need to work hard and you must become a Practitioner and after getting handful of experience then you will be called as a Criminal Lawyer.
12th August 2017, 05:17 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am the 12th science student want to become a criminal lawyer. So, how can I go for the same, please guide me regarding the same. I would like to study law but I do not know how to start with? How many years would it take to complete the same? Which is the best college? How much percentage is required for the same? Is any entrance to be given? Can I do only the crash course for the entrance?

To become a Criminal Lawyer, candidates after completion of 12th have to pursue law graduation like BA LLB or BSc LLB or BBA LLB. Admission to the law courses are done through an entrance examination like CLAT, AILET etc. Many law colleges in India offer the 5 years law courses. Candidates after completion of 12th standard with at least 45% marks from any recognized board can appear for the entrance examination for law graduation. Many colleges conduct their own entrance for law admission. Some of the colleges offering the 5 year law graduation course are given below;

Symbiosis Law School - Official Website

National Law School of India University, Bangalore - Official Website

Government Law College, Mumbai - Official Website

Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College - Official Website
24th August 2017, 10:31 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

A candidate must be 12th passed with any stream.
After passing class 12th you have to give CLAT exam(common law admission test).
You can give other exam also conducted by individual universities to take admission in BALLB.
The course has 5 year duration. You can also apply for LLB which has 3 years of duration.
After completing graduation course you can apply for LLM that is master's degree in law.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?