15th February 2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the required qualification for getting the Bank PO job?

I am pritam podder. Currently i am pursuing in b.com honurs in 2nd yr. I was passed 12 th exm with 63.3 % number. Can i eligible for that job. I can speak english. Plz tell me wht will i do for the job.? Hope that someone from here will answer me soon.

15th February 2016, 10:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required qualification for getting the Bank PO job?

No, right now you are not eligible to appear for bank PO examination. PO stands for Probationary Officer.

The examination for recruitment is conducted by IBPS and SBI. The minimum required eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from recognised university and age limit to appear for examination very for examination.

So, you have to complete your graduation degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in various stages as Prelims, Mains and Interview, SBI conducts GD also while selection. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
15th February 2016, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PO stands for Probationary Officer.

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination. You can apply for PO jobs in final year. From now you can start your preparation for exam if you want to clear bank exam in first attempt.

>>You can apply for both Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written exam for PO of different banks as well as PO exam of SBI.

>>The age limit for IBPS PO exam is 20-30 years and that for SBI PO exam is 21-30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit applicable to candidates of reserved category.
15th February 2016, 10:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Required qualification for Bank Probationary officer exam:

*Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates studying in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination.

At present, you are studying in second year of bachelor's degree, so you are not eligible for banking exam. You can apply for exam next year.

*Age limit is 20-28 years for IBPS PO and 21-30 years for SBI Po EXAM.
15th February 2016, 10:50 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible for Bank PO job at this moment. This is because you do not meet the basic criteria of PO eligibility which is - you need to be a graduate to apply for this post. Since you are still studying undergraduate course, so you are not eligible at this moment. However, you can apply for the PO post once you become a graduate or complete your B.Com course.
15th February 2016, 11:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to appear for Probationary Officer examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is vary for different examination conducted by IBPS and SBI.

So, you need to complete your graduation degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
16th February 2016, 12:18 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The full form of PO is Probationary Officer. There are two PO entrance exams held in Indian at national level. IBPS PO exam is conducted by Institute of Personnel Selection for majority of Indian banks which are nationalized and that is why it is called Common Written exam. Eligibility criteria is that candidate must have completed bachelor's degree or in final year of bachelor's degree. The age limit for exam is 20-30 years.

Academic qualification remains same for SBI PO exam but age limit is 21-30 years. In both exams, written test is followed by Interview. Upper age relaxations are given to reserved category candidates.
16th February 2016, 12:35 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Qualification for Probationary officer examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

3. Only passing percentage of marks required.

4. Age limit for IBPS PO is 20-30 years.

5. Age limit for SBI PO is 21-30 years.

You can not apply in second year of bachelor's degree.
16th February 2016, 12:41 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personal Selection is a body which conducts examination for recruitment of candidates in different banks but SBI conducts examination of its own for recruitment in it's associate and own bank.

The educational qualification to appear for both examination is same as candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university. But age limit for SBI is 21-30 years and for IBPS is 19-28 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in various stages in written and interview as well as GD for SBI. Candidates have to qualify in all these for final selection.
16th February 2016, 12:49 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pritam podder. Currently i am pursuing in b.com honurs in 2nd yr. I was passed 12 th exm with 63.3 % number. Can i eligible for that job. I can speak english. Plz tell me wht will i do for the job.? Hope that someone from here will answer me soon.
You need to be a Graduate student to be eligible for Bank PO post. Those who completed their Graduation can appear either IBPS PO exam or SBI PO exam. There is no minimum marks required for Bank PO examination. The selection process may divided into three stages, Written Examination, Group Discussion and Interview. Since, you are studying B.Com 2nd year I suggest you to complete B.Com with good marks in order to make your career bright in Banking field.
29th July 2017, 12:31 AM
Deepti bittal

Required qualification for Bank Probationary officer exam:

*Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates studying in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination.

*Age limit is 20-28 years for IBPS PO and 21-30 years for SBI Po EXAM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?