23rd January 2018, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Admission in engineering is possible after failing in maths of 12th standard?

I take PCMB after passout class 10 and I pass maths in class 11th but unfortunately, I failed in maths in class 12 but I am interested in engineering civil and mechanical. Please tell me.

23rd January 2018, 01:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in engineering is possible after failing in maths of 12th standard?

It is not possible.

You can not take admission in engineering after securing less than passing marks in any subject of 12th. PCM subjects are necessary for engineering course.

You should apply for supplementary exam of mathematics and score more than passing marks in mathematics to become eligible for any higher studies course like engineering course.
23rd January 2018, 02:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in engineering is possible after failing in maths of 12th standard?

As per the minimum eligibility criteria to pursue engineering course, a candidate must have minimum qualification of 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board and must have passed in all the subjects.
23rd January 2018, 05:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I take PCMB after passout class 10 and I pass maths in class 11th but unfortunately, I failed in maths in class 12 but I am interested in engineering civil and mechanical. Please tell me.

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission into engineering after failing in Mathematics subject of 12th standard. The student has to reappear mathematics subject and score pass marks to get admission in engineering graduation. Only after completion of 12th standard with PCM subjects students are eligible to join the engineering graduation like BE or BTech. They have to clear the entrance examination to get admission to the engineering course. There are various engineering courses available like Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics, Computer Science, IT, etc.
23rd January 2018, 07:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the minimum educational requirement for pursuing a degree course in engineering i.e; B.Tech.B.E. degree is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with at least 45% marks as main subjects from a recognized board.

So having failed in Mathematics paper at your Class 12th level academics you are not eligible for pursuing engineering unless you qualify in your failed paper through supplementary examination.
23rd January 2018, 08:39 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue engineering, you should have completed 12th standard with PCM subjects with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board. You should have passed in all the PCM subjects with 60% marks.

As you have failed in mathematics in 12th standard, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for engineering course. You have to clear your backlogs before applying for engineering entrance examination. Hence, first clear you backlog and then apply for engineering entrance examination.
23rd January 2018, 10:57 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in B.Tech degree without having completed your 12th grade from a reputed university and without having cleared JEE(mains) entrance examination. The better you score in your entrance, the better college you will be able to get admission in.

However, you can as of now get admission in Diploma degree and after completion of your diploma, you can appear for LEET/JELET examination and then can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech degree and can continue with your studies further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?