22nd March 2020, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do a BSc(Computer Science) having completed 12th Commerce?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 12th standard with Commerce stream from Maharashtra Board and now I want to do a BSc(Computer Science) course. So, am I eligible to study this course or not? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

24th March 2020, 07:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do a BSc(Computer Science) having completed 12th Commerce?

No, you are not eligible to pursue BSc in Computer Science after passing 12th standard with commerce stream because as per the minimum eligibility criteria the candidate should have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
24th March 2020, 09:57 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do a BSc(Computer Science) having completed 12th Commerce?

If you have completed 10 + 2 commerce with maths then you are eligible for computer science course of degree level like BCA and BSc IT or BSC Computer Science.
So definitely you are eligible for admission into this course but you have to appear for entrance examination to get admission into top colleges.
also most of the entrance examination will ask for minimum 50% marks for in maths at 10 + 2 level for eligible conditions.
25th March 2020, 08:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Being a commerce student you are not eligible to join BSC Computer Science because this course can be joined by only those candidates who have completed 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subject from a recognised board.
28th March 2020, 04:22 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

----Yes,you are eligible for getting admission in B.sc (Computer Science) if you are learning 12th standard with Math as a main Subject.

--Candidate who passed 12th with minimum of 50-60%Mark's are eligible for getting admission in the top most university

--Some percentage relaxation available for reserved category in the procedure of admission.
31st March 2020, 06:22 PM
jayparikh

Smile Re: Am I eligible to do a BSc(Computer Science) having completed 12th Commerce?

YES!!!!

but there are some ccondition, eligibility criteria & limitation

eligibility criteria

As per the criteria, the student must have had Mathematics and/or Computer subjects during 11th and 12th Commerce stream schooling.

limitation

Commerce stream students won’t be able to get admission in top quality institutes for B.Sc. IT course. The top colleges’ seats will be filled up fast, based on merit marks of entrance examination (science stream) and board examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?