22nd March 2017, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for dental course if completed 12th in commerce stream?

Can a twelfth passed student from commerce stream can appear for a dentist. Is there would me any problems arising without having the basics of eleventh and twelfth basics without biology? Can you please give me the information on this?

22nd March 2017, 05:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for dental course if completed 12th in commerce stream?

To be a dentist you need to pursue Bachelor of Dental Science degree as your bachelor degree course for which the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with commerce stream your are not eligible for pursuing BDS degree course and hence for becoming dentist at this stage.
22nd March 2017, 07:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for dental course if completed 12th in commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a twelfth passed student from commerce stream can appear for a dentist. Is there would me any problems arising without having the basics of eleventh and twelfth basics without biology? Can you please give me the information on this?
No, you are not eligible for dental course.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for BDS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.
22nd March 2017, 08:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the dental courses.

The minimum basic eligibility to get admission in dental course is that candidate must have passed 12th with biology/biotechnology, physics, chemistry stream from a recognised board.

So, you must have to pursue your 11th and 12th stream to get admission in dental courses.
23rd March 2017, 01:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with commerce stream you are not eligible for becoming a dentist as for the same you required Bachelor of Dental Science degree for which you are required to have completed your Class 12th with PCB group from a recognized board.

So in order to become a dentist you will have to reappear in your Class 12th academics with PCB group this time. Further for pursuing BDS degree course from any medical college of India you will need to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) regarding which more details can be accumulated from the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?