3rd June 2016, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Can a Cost and Management Accountant sit in NET exam conducted by UGC? What is the minimum percentage required in CMA final to sit in NET exam?

I am Cost and Management Accountant(CMA) student and will appear in the final exam to be held in June. I want to know whether I am eligible for NET if I pass in final exam of CMA conducted by Institute of Cost Accountants of India(ICAI). If yes what is minimum percentage requirement? It is to be noted that CMA candidate are now directly eligible for Ph.D course in various universities without having Master degree course. So, my query is whether CMA are also eligible to sit in NET conducted by UGC.

6th June 2016, 11:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Cost and Management Accountant sit in NET exam conducted by UGC? What is the minimum percentage required in CMA final to sit in NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Cost and Management Accountant(CMA) student and will appear in the final exam to be held in June. I want to know whether I am eligible for NET if I pass in final exam of CMA conducted by Institute of Cost Accountants of India(ICAI). If yes what is minimum percentage requirement? It is to be noted that CMA candidate are now directly eligible for Ph.D course in various universities without having Master degree course. So, my query is whether CMA are also eligible to sit in NET conducted by UGC.
No, Cost and Management Accountant candidates are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
6th June 2016, 08:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Cost and Management Accountant sit in NET exam conducted by UGC? What is the minimum percentage required in CMA final to sit in NET exam?

Below I have mentioned the required eligibility criteria to appear in NET Examination, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to appear for NET:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Master's degree.

In most of the Universities, you need to complete your Masters Degree to be eligible for NET Examination. So it will be better for you to complete Masters Degree to pursue NET Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?