10th March 2019, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in BHU-PET being a 12th Science Gujarat Board student?

Sir/Madam, I am studying with Gujarat Board. After completing my 12th Science from Gujarat Board can I appear in BHU-PET? I want to do my BTech from Banaras Hindu University. Please reply to me immediately.

12th March 2019, 10:40 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in BHU-PET being a 12th Science Gujarat Board student?

You are not eligible to appear in BHU-PET being a 12th Science Gujarat Board student. In order to be eligible to appear for BHU-PET, you must have a Bachelor's Degree in concerned subject with at least 50% aggregate marks. There is no age restriction to apply for BHU-PET.

Last edited by ppsahu; 15th March 2019 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Remove *
12th March 2019, 04:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely appear for the entrance exam without any issues. In fact, any citizen of India having the required qualification can appear for the entrance exam of a central government university. BHU is a central government-funded university and you can surely appear for it.

Only in the case of state government universities, there will be some issues with other state candidates. Hence, no need to worry if you are applying for admission at BHU.
14th March 2019, 11:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BHU PET refers to Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test which is held for offering admission in various master's degree course offered by BHU.

As it is evident from above details that BHU PET is an admission test for admission to master degree course and hence the minimum educational qualification required to appear in the same examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a Class 12th student, you are not eligible for appearing in BHU PET, rather you can apply for BHU UET ( Undergraduate Entrance Test ) to get admission into an undergraduate degree course. Also, I would like to let you know that admission in BHU IIT is done through JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ).

For detailed information regarding BHU admission tests, you can refer to the link www.bhuonline.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?