1st September 2019, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in MBBS entrance exams with 73% in 12th NIOS?

Dear Sir, I have completed my 12th with RBSE Board from Humanities stream and scored 79% marks. Now, I am interested to study MBBS course so I have appear the Board exam with NIOS Board and scored 73% in 12th Science. So, am I eligible now to give MBBS entrance exams?

4th September 2019, 06:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in MBBS entrance exams with 73% in 12th NIOS?

If you have completed class 12th with PCB stream and 50% marks in aggregate then surely you will be eligible for MBBS entrance exam like NEET UG. Just make sure you have studied the subject combination from a recognized board.

NIOS is a recognized open schooling board and you will definitely be eligible for admission based on it provided you fulfill all the other merit criteria.

4th September 2019, 08:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study M.B.B.S. course-

Aspirants should have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology stream from recognised board with at least 50% marks.

Minimum age is 17 and maximum is 25 years however relaxation in upper age limit is provided to SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Hence, you are not eligible to study this course because you have completed your 10 + 2 with Humanities stream.

5th September 2019, 09:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have passed your 10 + 2 with Humanities stream therefore, you are not eligible to apply for the course of MBBS.

Eligibility for M.B.B.S:

-The candidate should have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board.

- Minimum age - 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.

-Maximum should not be above 25 years, however relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students.

5th September 2019, 10:52 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MBBS Course after 12th standard from NIOS board.
But your 12th standard subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
and English
Your 12th standard marks must be above 50%.
Your minimum age should be above 18 years.
So you can prepare for medical entrance exam like
AIIMS
AFMC
AIPGDET
AIPVT etc.

5th September 2019, 11:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in MBBS, even you are a student, who has completed 12th standard from NIOS board. Students from NIOS can apply for MBBS admission as similar to other students from different boards. After the completion of intermediate, you have to apply for MBBS entrance exam like AIIMS, AIPMT or any other exam will be conducted in your state.
Then depending upon your performance in that exam, you can get a seat in any college .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?