29th March 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Being an NIOS student can I appear in Medical entrance exams to study MBBS in best colleges?

Hello Sir/Madam,
If I complete my 12th from NIOS Board with PCB and I want to study MBBS then NIOS syllabus is eligible for all Medical entrance exams? Can I get admission in best Medical colleges?

31st March 2016, 04:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an NIOS student can I appear in Medical entrance exams to study MBBS in best colleges?

Yes, no doubt you are eligible to appear for MBBS entrance examination. MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The course duration is 5 years.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board with PCB as main paper.

Since, NIOS is a recognized board you are eligible to appear for examination. For more details about any respective entrance you can visit at official website. So, you need to prepare for examination to qualify and get admission.
31st March 2016, 07:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an NIOS student can I appear in Medical entrance exams to study MBBS in best colleges?

Yes, NIOS is a recognized way of doing schooling and most of the entrance exam don't have any problem with it. You have studied PCB which is absolutely the correct stream for MBBS.
Hence, just be prepared for the entrance exam and don't worry about your qualification. You can get admission based on NIOS provided you have a decent rank.
31st March 2016, 07:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for MBBS examination. The examination is conducted by AIIMS, CBSE, State Education Board for admission of candidates in the course.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board.

The eligibility to appear for MBBS entrance examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from any recognised board. Candidate must have PCB as main paper in 10+2.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. But, you have to qualify in entrance examination to get admission.
31st March 2016, 08:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of HRD.

So, you are eligible to appear for MBBS entrance examination to get admission in MBBC course after 10+2 from NIOS.

The examination paper contains the question of Physics, Biology and Chemistry and in some of examination there are some questions of General knowledge.

So, to qualify in examination, you need to focus on 10+2 syllabus. Admission in best medical colleges are offered only after qualifying in entrance examination.
31st March 2016, 09:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for all entrance exams conducted for admission into MBBS course after completion of 10+2 in biology stream from National Institute of Open Schooling. You are eligible for following MBBS entrance exams:

1. All India Pre Medical Entrance Test.

2. AIIMS entrance exams.

3. State Level PMTs.
1st April 2016, 07:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can appear for any of the Medical Entrance examination being an NIOS student, there is no problem in it.
I am happy to say you that, you can definitely apply for any of course and examinations being an NIOS student.
Let me clear your confusion. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding Government jobs and higher education being an NIOS student.
2nd April 2016, 07:08 PM
Quantum reply

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling Board is the board of education under Union Government of India.

NIOS is highly recognized board of India like the other boards. NIOD is an open schooling board.

Yes, obviously you can apply for medical exam as being a student of NIOS board. NIOS certificate is valid and valuable in all over the India.
22nd July 2018, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm am student of nios board and neet qualify student can i take admission for mbbs in Russia aur other countries
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?