28th January 2018, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Airforce after 12th medical stream?

I am Ankit. I have done my 12th with 89% marks with medical stream. I am still 18 year old. I have admission in veterinary diploma. Am I eligible for Indian air force and for which group?

28th January 2018, 10:18 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Airforce after 12th medical stream?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard with Medical stream. To join Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. You should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board, you should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years, you should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
28th January 2018, 04:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can only apply for Group Y trade of Indian Air Force based on your class 12th medical stream qualification. There are no other options available for you in Air Force.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and physical fitness test conducted by the concerned organisation.
28th January 2018, 06:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

There are two possible ways through which a candidate can join Air Force and that are CDS and NDA. NDA is a examination and eligibility to appear in this examination is 10 + 2 with either PCM or commerce stream. But you have passed your 10 + 2 with PCB so you are not eligible to appear in this examination. Secondly you are also not eligible to appear in CDS exam because this exam is given after graduation but to join Air Force one must have passed graduation degree with PCM.
28th January 2018, 08:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force if you have completed your 10 + 2 with medical stream from a recognised board because in order to apply for Indian Air Force , a candidate must have 10 + 2 with PCM. Since Airforce can be joined by qualifying the NDA examination, but you are not eligible.
28th January 2018, 10:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Ankit. I have done my 12th with 89% marks with medical stream. I am still 18 year old. I have admission in veterinary diploma. Am I eligible for Indian air force and for which group?
Yes, of course, you are eligible to apply for Indian Airforce wing after 12th standard. You can join Airforce wing through NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC every twice in a year.

12th standard or its equivalent examination in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subject is required for applying for Air Force wing. Applicants also need to be physically fit.

The applicant age should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For more information, please visit the Official website
28th January 2018, 11:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for joining Indian Air Force after completion of 12th Class with Medical Stream. In order to join Indian Air Force, you are required to appear in National Defence Academy Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). There are several wings in NDA & NA Examination and they are,

* Army Wing
* Air Force Wing AND
* Naval Wing

In order to be eligible for Air force wing, candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics conducted by state or central board of a university.

If you have done 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics subjects, then I am sure you will be eligible to join Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?