7th October 2015, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i become a PO in bank after 12th from Arts stream?

I am from arts stream and is presently in class 12th. I want to become a PO in an indian central bank. My subjects are english, maths, psychology, economics, computer and physical education. How can i become one?

7th October 2015, 08:24 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become a PO in bank after 12th from Arts stream?

To apply for Bank Probationary officer (PO) the candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

After completion of class 12 opt for any of the graduation course in a recognized university. Also you must check the required age eligibility to apply for PO exams.
7th October 2015, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can become Probationary Officer with Arts.

You need to complete graduation with atleast 50% marks to appear in the test.

Age 21-30 and relaxation of 5 years is given to reserved categories.
7th October 2015, 09:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are still pursuing 12th Class, I suggest you to concentrate well on your regular studies. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in PO Recruitment is "Graduate degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. After successful completion of 12th Class in Arts stream, you may continue your studies with Bachelor of Arts course and Management courses. After successful completion of Graduation, you are then eligible to appear in IBPS PO, SBI PO Examinations. To become a Probationary Officer (PO), you are required to apply for
>> SBI PO Recruitment Examination
>> IBPS PO Recruitment Examination
Based on the marks secured in IBPS Prelims, Mains and Interview, you will be allotted a bank (one of the participating organizations). For that you will have to get good command over Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General English, Computer Awareness and General Awareness Sections. As you are still a 12th Class candidate, try to concentrate on your Studies and can prepare for PO Examination during your Graduate Level.
7th October 2015, 10:04 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely become a Probationary Officer or PO in bank even if you had completed your 12th in Arts stream. The eligibility criteria for PO states that you should be graduate. There is no eligibility criteria for the discipline or stream. Any graduate can apply for PO post. You need to clear the entrance exam for PO, followed by interview to get a job opportunity as PO in a bank.

For Indian Central Bank, you need to appear in the IBPS entrance exam for PO posts. Once you get the score, you need to wait for the advertisement from the bank. Once advertisement is released, if your score is above the cut-off, apply online. Then you need to appear for the interview round and clear the round to get selected.
7th October 2015, 10:15 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't become a PO in bank after 12th from Arts stream. You have to first pass a graduation course.

Eligibility to apply for PO :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any stream.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 28 years. Relaxation is there as per government norms.
7th October 2015, 10:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from arts stream and is presently in class 12th. I want to become a PO in an indian central bank. My subjects are english, maths, psychology, economics, computer and physical education. How can i become one?
No, after 12th standard, you can't apply for Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Examination pattern for Bank PO 2015:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks

For more information visit at the www.onlinesbi.in. and www.ibps.in.
26th February 2017, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

My 12th examination is just finished. My subjects are political science, history, psychology, nrb Hindi and English. So, can I become a bank po ?please tell my email id is [email protected]
7th June 2017, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

I was just completed 10 class. I want become to po in bank. In arts stream, but I 'm confused what subject is best in arts stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?