17th February 2023, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I chance into Commerce from Humanities in CBSE 12th?

I can change it to commerce after getting board results but i will have wasted a month of study and i will have left behind. I also got into 3rd level of finance olymiad so is it possible for me to change stream to commerce

17th February 2023, 09:09 PM
IAmPagal

Default Re: Can I chance into Commerce from Humanities in CBSE 12th?

I don't think that it is possible to change your stream from humanities to commerce after completing your CBSE 12th board exams. However, you will need to check with your school or for the specific rules and procedures for changing streams.

If you have qualified for the 3rd level of finance olympiad, it may be an indication that you have an interest in commerce and finance. You may want to consider talking to a teacher to explore your options and make an informed decision about switching streams. Keep in mind that changing streams may require some extra effort and catch-up work, but it may also open up new opportunities and career paths for you.
18th February 2023, 01:56 PM
Antonio 2023

Changing the stream from Science to Commerce after getting board results is possible in some cases.

If the institution allows stream changes, you may need to go through a separate admission process, which will involve submitting an application and possibly taking an entrance exam or interview. It's important to note that changing the stream may have an impact on your academic progress, as you may have to study additional subjects and catch up on topics that you missed during the initial month of study.

Regarding your participation in the finance Olympiad, it's best to check the eligibility criteria for the competition and see if they have any specific requirements for the Commerce stream. If the eligibility criteria allow students from both streams to participate, you should be able to continue participating regardless of the stream you choose.
18th February 2023, 03:37 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Such change is not possible.
Class 12th is an important part of students life and you must prepare well to get good marks.
Such change will destroy your preparation.
Whatever you have studied in class 11 you must carry forward same subjects and give your boards.
Once a candidate changes the subjects , he/she needs extra time to understand the new subject , thus it results in wastage of time and efforts.
18th February 2023, 03:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you can change your stream from commerce to humantities in CBSE 12th board exams but you have to give your 11th exams again and you must score at least passing marks in humanities.
21st February 2023, 03:51 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

Students who choose Humanities cannot choose Science and Commerce streams for undergraduate studies in India. However, if the student has Economics and Math, they can opt to study Economics or Commerce in college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?