6th October 2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT being a 12th Science GSEB candidate?

Respected Sir,
Can I get admission in IIT after passing 12th Science with GSEB Board? Kindly let me know about this asap. Thank you!

8th October 2015, 10:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT being a 12th Science GSEB candidate?

Yes, definitely you can get admission in IIT being a 12th science GSEB candidate. But, to get admission in IIT, you must have to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. By qualifying and securing top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT after completion of your 12th standard from GSEB Board.
8th October 2015, 10:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT is the Indian Institute of Technology. The admission in IIT is given on the basis of rank secured in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced stage but for that first of all you must clear the Joint Entrance Exam Mains.

JEE is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. This exam has tow stages:

1. JEE Mains.

2. JEE Advanced.

For the first stages of this exam, candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The minimum percentage of marks in 10+2 is 50% to apply for JEE Mains.

So, you can apply for the JEE mains after completion of 10+2 from GSEB, the notification for JEE 2016 will come in last month of this year.
9th October 2015, 11:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Can I get admission in IIT after passing 12th Science with GSEB Board? Kindly let me know about this asap. Thank you!
Yes, you can get admission in IIT being a 12th science candidate of GSEB board.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main 2016 exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

Those candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank (including all categories) in JEE Main examination are eligible for JEE Advanced exam 2016.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
9th October 2015, 12:25 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible for IIT being a student of 12th Science GSEB. Before taking admission in IIT, you must have to qualify the Entrance Examinations such as JEE Main and JEE Advance exams.
To be eligible for the entrance examinations you must have passed class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?