2nd April 2019, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Can I get BTech admission in IIT with 56% in 12th WBCHSE?

Hello everyone, I have got 56% marks in my WBCHSE Board exam of 12th standard. But I want to study BTech in IIT. So, can I take admission to study BTech course in IIT? Kindly tell me about this asap. Waiting for your response!

8th April 2019, 09:25 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BTech admission in IIT with 56% in 12th WBCHSE?

No, you can’t get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course, if you have secured 56% marks in your 12th standard from WBSCHE Board. You should have secured at least 75% (70% for SC/ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard to be eligible to apply for for JEE Advance examination to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course in IIT. You have to appear and qualify the JEE Main and Advance examination and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course in IIT.
8th April 2019, 01:18 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BTech admission in IIT with 56% in 12th WBCHSE?

To take admission in IIT for BTech course, the candidate must have scored at least 75% marks in class 12th from any recognized board.Candidate should have a valid score in JEE Main to secure admission in the BTech course in IIT.

Other than IIT, if you want to do BTech then minimum eligibility is a class 12th with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology with a minimum score of 60% aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?