25th July 2016, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I get English Honours with 53.66% in WBCHSE 12th Arts?

I want to study B.A. in English Honours. I have got only 53.66% marks in my 12th Board exam from Arts stream under WBCHSE Board. Can I know that I am eligible to get English Honours or not? Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Chances to study English Honours in St.Xavier's College for a candidate who has scored 92 marks in English and secured 70.4% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?
  2. Honours subject to study in Graduation for 12th WBCHSE candidate with mentioned subjects?
  3. Details of SR college in Amritsar? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. English question papers of previous year for preparation of 12th Arts WBCHSE Board exam
  5. Can I get admission to study Accountancy Honours if secured 70% in 12th Commerce WBCHSE in Kolkata?
  6. Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?
  7. Minimum marks required in 12th WBCHSE Board exam to study Physiology Honours in Presidency College?
  8. Can I study English Honours after completion of 12th Arts PSEB?
  9. Can I get admission to study Mathematics Honours in Presidency college if secured 92% in 12th WBCHSE and scored 97 marks in Mathematics?
  10. Cutoff percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Commerce to study Accountancy Honours in Goenka College, Kolkata?
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Sc Honours in St. Xavier's College if secured 78.5% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  12. Minimum marks needed for getting English honours at Presidency college? -- [New]
  13. Can I get admission in B.A after scoring 64.5% in commerce with additional subject
  14. Can I get English Honours with 53.66% in WBCHSE 12th Arts?
  15. Can I study Mathematics Honours in Jadavpur University if scored 91 marks in Mathematics and secured 70% in 12th WBCHSE?
  16. Which is better to study between English Honours and B.Com Honours to become a Journalist?
  17. Can I study Geography Honours in Calcutta University if secured 75.74% in WBCHSE Board exam?
  18. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
26th July 2016, 03:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get English Honours with 53.66% in WBCHSE 12th Arts?

Yes, you might get admission in certain colleges where the eligibility criteria is below 60% as in most of the colleges the minimum eligibility criteria is set at 60% aggregate in 12th boards and 60% in English subject.

You should however try for admission in various colleges and see in which college you get admission in.
26th July 2016, 10:49 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is tough to get the admission in any university if the admission in that university is conducted on the basis of merit score in 10+2 board examination.

But, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for admission in university where the admission is on the basis of qualifying in entrance examination.

The required minimum eligibility to get admission in English honors is that candidate must have passed 10+2 in any discipline.
26th July 2016, 01:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.A. (English) Honours course after completion of your 12th standard with 53.66% aggregate marks from WBCHSE Board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard in any stream with English as a subject from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.A. (English) Honours course.

Some colleges offer admissions only to candidates who have minimum 60% aggregate in 12th standard then, you are not eligible to get admission, so, you need to check the minimum aggregate in 12th standard before applying for admission to B.A. (English) Honours course in any college.
26th July 2016, 03:50 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

In my opinion you will not get B.A Honors at this score instead you will get B.A. But you can try some times due to shortage of admission they will give admission but it is rare chance.

You also have an option to improve your 12th score by filling improvement exam form.
26th July 2016, 10:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to study B.A. in English Honours. I have got only 53.66% marks in my 12th Board exam from Arts stream under WBCHSE Board. Can I know that I am eligible to get English Honours or not? Please tell me asap.
Yes, you are eligible to do B.A in English because you have completed 12th standard with 53.66% marks.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with English subject are eligible to do B.A in English.

Your age should be above 16 years.
26th July 2016, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the university in which you want to get admission. With 53.66% marks it will be difficult to get admission at a reputed university in this era of tough competition.
You can only expect to get admission in a university which is not so popular or top ranked. Hence, if you want to study from any recognized university then surely you can get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?