10th December 2018, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I get HS Science admission if secure less than 50% in 10th Uttar Pradesh Board?

Hello everyone, I am a student of 10th standard with Uttar Pradesh Board. I am preparing for JEE Main. Can you tell me that if I score below 50% then also I am able for admission in HS Science course?

14th December 2018, 02:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get HS Science admission if secure less than 50% in 10th Uttar Pradesh Board?

It will depend on the kind of school you are applying for admission. Reputed schools usually have high cut off for admission in science stream. Hence, it will be difficult to get admission at top schools.

There are some schools where students usually avoid taking admission and cut off there is very low for admission. But you should not merely aim for admission, because in the end you have to study science, which will not be easy without good teachers.
15th December 2018, 04:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get HS Science admission if secure less than 50% in 10th Uttar Pradesh Board?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in science stream in 11th after 10th and scoring only 50% aggregate.

The admission in science stream is not on the basis of aggregate in 10th board examination. So, you can visit the school for detail information about admission.

Admission in most of the school is conducted on the merit basis or through entrance test to get admission in science stream due to limited number of seats. So, visit the school for detail information.
15th December 2018, 04:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely get admission in 11th standard science stream with minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 10th.

You may not be able to get admission in top schools but you will get admission in science stream with 50% marks.
15th December 2018, 05:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, there are numerous colleges and schools under Uttar Pradesh State Education board which admit candidates with 50% marks in 10th standard in science stream of Higher secondary.

You can take admission in UP board schools with this percentage of marks in 10th board exam.
15th December 2018, 05:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can definitely opt for Science for your higher secondary school degree course even if you secure less than 50% marks in your Class 10th as there is no fixed percentage criteria across any board of education for offering stream of academics to the candidates for their Class 12th academics on the basis of marks secured in Class 10th.

So, you can opt for any stream as per your strength and interest for pursuing your Class 11th and Class 12th regardless of your marks in Class 10th.
15th December 2018, 05:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There is no minimum required aggregate to admission in any stream.

Candidate passed 10th are eligible to get admission in the stream of their own choice. The required criteria to get admission varies with school due to limited number of seats in particular stream for each subject.

So, kindly visit the institute for the detail information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?