27th October 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE Advanced next year if I only gave it only once?

When I gave my 12th exam, I didn't gave JEE in the same year, since I was not aware, I gave JEE main in the next year and qualified and then gave JEE advanced, but couldn't qualify it. Can I apply for JEE advanced next year, since one can give JEE advanced for two consecutive years?

28th October 2017, 07:26 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Advanced next year if I only gave it only once?

No, you are not eligible to give JEE Advanced examination next year even if you gave it only once. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination only twice that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have passed 12th standard before three years, you are not eligible to give JEE Advanced examination.
28th October 2017, 02:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in JEE Advance Examination once again as the number of attempts allowed for JEE Main Examination are 3 (three).

Generally, these number of attempts will be counted from the year 2017 and you are required to meet both the educational qualification as well as age criteria.

>> Even though you have appeared two times already, you may appear in JEE Examination once again.

>> Your date of birth must falls on or after 1st October, 1993 are eligible to apply for Examination.

>> Candidates who are from NIOS board are also eligible to apply.
28th October 2017, 03:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, absolutely you can give JEE Advanced next year as one can attempt for JEE Advanced for maximum of two times in consecutive years. So, those candidates who have appeared in JEE Advanced examination for the 1st time in 2017 can appear for the 2018 session of JEE examination.
28th October 2017, 10:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Advanced examination is a National level engineering entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for offering admission in B.E/ B.Tech courses in IIT. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you should have passed JEE Main examination and should have secured less than 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination.

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. Since, you have crossed the two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard, you are not eligible to give JEE Advanced examination next year.
28th October 2017, 11:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level examination held for offering admission in technical degree courses like B.E./B.Tech in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other government or private engineering college.

JEE is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for JEE Advanced having appeared in it once that too in the year succeeding to your Class 12th board examination then I would like to let you know that you can not appear in JEE Advanced now as the maximum attempt allowed for JEE Advanced is two but the two attempts must be successive made in the final of year Class 12th and the year succeeding it.

But you can still appear for JEE Main for which the maximum attempt allowed is three for admission in engineering colleges like NITs, and other private engineering colleges.

For more details regarding JEE and FAQs associated to JEE eligibility you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th October 2017, 11:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you will be not eligible to appear in JEE next year. There are only two attempts to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

The candidates can appear in Advanced examination after qualifying in Main examination in the year of appearing for board examination (12th ) and year after that.

So, you will not get chance to appear again. But you are eligible to appear in Main examination.
29th October 2017, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When I gave my 12th exam, I didn't gave JEE in the same year, since I was not aware, I gave JEE main in the next year and qualified and then gave JEE advanced, but couldn't qualify it. Can I apply for JEE advanced next year, since one can give JEE advanced for two consecutive years?
Yes, you can apply for JEE Advanced exam.

f you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?