8th March 2016, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA after completion of 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya? Is there any reservation for KVS students?

Hello,
May I join NDA after passing class 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya? If yes, then how? Is there any reservation seat for KVS students? Kindly tell me immediately.

9th March 2016, 12:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after completion of 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya? Is there any reservation for KVS students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
May I join NDA after passing class 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya? If yes, then how? Is there any reservation seat for KVS students? Kindly tell me immediately.
After completion of 10th standard, you are not eligible for NDA exam. There is no reservation for KVS students.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
9th March 2016, 03:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after completion of 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya? Is there any reservation for KVS students?

The minimum qualification required to join National Defence Academy is 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subject with minimum 50% marks.
After completion of class 12th you have to qualify the NDA exam.
It is not possible for a student to join National Defence Academy after class 10th and moreover there is no reservation given to students of Kendriya Vidyalaya.
9th March 2016, 03:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

A candidate who has completed class 10th is not eligible to join National Defence Academy. Minimum qualification required to appear in NDA exam is 12th with physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks. This exam is conducted twice a year.
9th March 2016, 07:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, 10th is not enough to make you eligible for NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC. You need to pass minimum class 12th in any stream to become eligible. Also, age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 year with unmarried status.

There is no special reservation for KVS students but if you are a son of an Indian Army or Air Force or Navy officer or soldier then you will be preferred over other candidates.
9th March 2016, 08:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such reservation made for KVS student in NDA examination. Moreover, you cannot appear for NDA examination after completion of your 10th class, you will have to complete your 12th standard of education from a recognized board, in order to be eligible for the entrance examination.
9th March 2016, 08:32 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You will have to complete your +2 education first in order to be eligible for NDA as it is the minimum eligibility requirement. So, it is advisable to you to opt for your 12th boards first and then go for NDA examination to join Indian Army.

No, there is no such reservation made for KVS students.
9th March 2016, 11:27 PM
OnePlus

Sorry to say but you are not eligible to join NDA now.
Eligibility criteria to join NDA
NDA is a National Defense Academy
A candidate must appear in the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

A candidate must 12th passed or any other equivalent course.
A candidate must me unmarried.
9th March 2016, 11:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot join in NDA after completion of class 10.

The minimum eligibility criteria to join NDA is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination from a recognized board of education.

One has to appear for an entrance examination to enter into NDA. This examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Also there is no special reservation for kVS students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?