3rd August 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to pursue Sanskrit at 12th level to get admission in BAMS college?

Hi Sir, I am a CBSE student. I have not taken Sanskrit in 10th and 12th Classes. Am I eligible to get admission in BAMS Course without pursuing 12th Class at 12th Level? Please tell me the eligibility criteria.

3rd August 2016, 07:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to pursue Sanskrit at 12th level to get admission in BAMS college?

No, you will not be eligible for admission in BAMS course as you haven't studied Sanskrit as a subject at 12th level.

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery. It is undergraduate degree which provides basic education in the integrated system of modern medicine and traditional ayurveda.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.A.M.S. degree are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination at least 60% marks in aggregate.

-The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Sanskrit as subjects in 12th standard.

-The candidate minimum age limit to apply for BAMS degree is from 17 years .
3rd August 2016, 08:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to pursue Sanskrit at 12th level to get admission in BAMS college?

There is no such requirement for BAMS admission. All you need is PCB stream in your class 12th from a recognized board of education to become eligible for medical entrance exam.

Admission will be on the basis of rank in the entrance exam and marks obtained in class 12th. Hence, make sure you have studied PCB stream in class 12th.
3rd August 2016, 11:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory that a candidate must have read Sanskrit in 11th and 12th standard to get admission in BAMS course. You must have studied Sanskrit in 6th, 7th and 8th standard. To get admission in this 5 and half year degree course you have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the Universities.
4th August 2016, 02:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not at all compulsory to study Sanskrit at your 12th level examination in orer to get admission in BAMS college. You should have just studied PCB at your +2 level of examination having scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate in order to be eligible for the above mentioned course.

You will however have to clear medical entrance examination in order to get admission in the above mentioned course.
6th July 2019, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study sanskrit in 12th standard to get admission in BAMS??
17th March 2020, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Sanskrit is compulsory to adimission in bams by nta neet?
23rd May 2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I pass the upsastri exam with science 1 paper. I eligible for bams entrance
19th June 2021, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to study sanskrit for getting admission to B.A.M.S course after 12th .in CBSC board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?